- Job Title
- Production Supervisor
- Job ID
- Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Other Location
Our customer is a leader in the design and manufacture of automated test equipment. They are looking to hire a production supervisor to lead a team of 10+ direct reports. This is a first shift position, direct hire position in the northwest Twin Cities area.
- Plans daily production consistent with the master schedule to produce quality products at the most favorable material and labor costs in accordance with customer specifications/engineering documentation and committed ship dates. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Assures that all quality standards proscribed by the client or its customers are complied with at all times.
- Regularly reviews and analyzes production records, quality control reports, etc. to evaluate results being achieved in relation to planned goals and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Continually evaluates all production work activities taking prompt corrective action to maximize productivity. These include, but are not limited to: Reducing WIP, lessening build time, reducing set-up times, reducing scrap and rework, reducing product costs, and effective ECO cut in.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders for employees, as necessary.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Examines items produced to determine if items meet specifications.
- Establishes and maintains high standards of housekeeping to facilitate production efficiency and enhance employee morale.
- Bears accountability for the care, maintenance, and protection of company property. Obtains necessary equipment repairs promptly to maintain production at desired levels. Recommends new or replacement of existing equipment as deemed necessary to maintain or improve productivity.
- Assures safety awareness is established and takes prompt corrective action concerning any potential safety hazard.
- Assures that all required production, payroll, quality control data, etc., are reported timely and accurately.
- Oversees operating budget for the department; investigates and takes appropriate action regarding significant variances.
- Coordinates, communicates effectively, and cooperates with all other company personnel to facilitate achievement of overall department and company goals.
- Responsible for the selection of new personnel for the work area and providing leadership to assure adequate orientation and training in their assigned duties to make them proficient as rapidly as possible.
- Evaluates work performance of assigned personnel on a continuing basis, promptly calling attention to performance deficiencies as they occur. Commends and provides recognition for improved or outstanding performance where merited. Conducts effective performance reviews in accordance with established company practices. Makes appropriate recommendations regarding salary adjustments, promotion, transfers, etc. Documents unsatisfactory performance and recommends termination as necessary.
- Acquires and maintains a good working knowledge of the skill and technical requirements needed in the department.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working climate to maximize motivation and efficiency.
- 4-Year Degree Technical Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5+ years of mechanical assembly experience
- 5+ years of technical supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic electrical (low voltage) concepts and technical wiring experience required
- Must be computer literate and able to read and understand blueprints and production data
- Mechanical aptitude, problem solving ability, ability to lead and implement changes
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship either now or in the future.