- Job Title
- Assembly Supervisor
- Job ID
- Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Other Location
Our customer is a leader in the design and manufacture of automated test equipment. They are looking to hire an assembly supervisor to lead a team of 10+ direct reports. This is a first shift position, direct hire position in the northwest Twin Cities area.
- Plans production consistent with master schedule to produce quality products at the most favorable material and labor costs in accordance with customer specifications/engineering documentation and committed ship dates.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Assures quality standards are complied with at all times.
- Regularly reviews and analyzes production records, quality control reports, etc. to evaluate results being achieved in relation to planned goals and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality, and suggests changes to increase efficiency.
- Evaluates production activities taking prompt corrective action to maximize productivity. These include, but are not limited to: Reducing WIP, lessening build time, reducing set-up times, reducing scrap and rework, reducing product costs, and effective ECO cut in.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders for employees, as necessary.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Examines items produced to determine if items meet specifications.
- Establishes and maintains high standards of housekeeping to facilitate production efficiency and enhance employee morale.
- Bears accountability for the care, maintenance, and protection of company property. Obtains necessary equipment repairs promptly to maintain production at desired levels.
- Recommends new or replacement of existing equipment as deemed necessary to maintain or improve productivity.
- Assures safety awareness is established and takes prompt corrective action concerning any potential safety hazard.
- Assures that all required production, payroll, quality control data, etc., are reported timely and accurately.
- Oversees operating budget for the department; investigates and takes appropriate action regarding significant variances.
- Responsible for the selection of new personnel for the work area and providing leadership to assure adequate orientation and training in their assigned duties
- Evaluates work performance of assigned personnel on a continuing basis, promptly calling attention to performance deficiencies as they occur. Commends and provides recognition for improved or outstanding performance where merited. Conducts effective performance reviews in accordance with established company practices. Makes appropriate recommendations regarding salary adjustments, promotion, transfers, etc. Documents unsatisfactory performance and recommends termination as necessary
- Establishes and maintains a positive working climate to maximize motivation and efficiency.
- 2-Year Technical Degree minimum, 4 year degree nice to have
- 2+ years of mechanical assembly or manufacturing experience
- 1+ years of technical supervisory experience.
- Must be computer literate and able to read and understand blueprints and production data
- Mechanical aptitude, problem solving ability, ability to lead and implement changes
- Must be able to run manual mills and lathes
- Must be a hands on supervisor, will spend quite a bit of time on the floor and be willing to jump in and help if necessary
Due to government contracts, must be US citizen