Manager - DBA (SQL Server)
- Job Title
- Manager - DBA (SQL Server)
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Other Location
Title: Manager - DBA (SQL Server)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Database Manager is responsible for leading the SQL Server database architecture and engineering team in the design, installation, configuration, upgrade, maintenance and overall performance planning and management of databases in the hosting environment. This positon will be engaged, accountable and drive delivery execution while collaboration with various stakeholders (Project Managers, Operations Team, Converged Infrastructure Team, Network Team, Business Users)
Accordingly, this position will be responsible for all efforts to implement mature technical operations management disciplines by implementing Best in Class, Industry operations processes. This position will be responsible for new Data Base driven projects including: prioritization, estimation, scope, delivery and support. This position will have responsibility for managing direct reports, working with matrix management of a global infrastructure project delivery teams.
Primary Responsibilities – Strategic Operations
· A leader of leaders who has proven experience in building and leading a diverse, highly motivated, and effective team.
· Strong executive presence and ability to distill complex information into consumable and actionable themes for an executive audience
· Experience in leading and influencing a globally diverse group of employees and suppliers across multiple disciplines and platforms
· Previous proven experience building scalable solutions / programs
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
· Exceptional ability to collaborate, to openly communicate, present and negotiate effectively across disciplines and groups, with suppliers and customers.
· Sound judgment and decision-making skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, and ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
· A strategic thinker that understands the capabilities of technology and how to leverage those capabilities to achieve business results
· 10+ Years’ experience operating in mission-critical, 24x7x365 production environments built on SQL Server
- Have a broad understanding of database design, standards and management.
- Ensure appropriate technical resourcing for database related projects.
- Lead team of internal resources performing engineering delivery activities for hosting projects.
- Ensure team is properly staffed to meet current and future project demands.
- Have a clear understanding of business and hosting needs and fine tune the delivery service accordingly.
- Define the knowledge and skill requirement for Database Architects and Engineers.
- Build strong professional working relationships across all levels within the organization.
- Understand best-of-breed database solutions and tools available in the market to be able to have productive conversations with clients.
· Ability to deep dive and drive technical delivery teams.
· Understand requirements and technology fit to be able to act as a liaison between the functional and technical sides.
· Have a consistent focus on the delivery goals and align activities and capabilities to meet the goals defined.
· Accountable for overall team delivery timelines and solution quality.
· Manage third-party vendors
· Continuous interaction with the external partners to onboard right experienced and right skilled resources to projects.
· Track resource utilization and recalibrate the team size accordingly
· Seek leadership support and guidance at the right time to resolve issues
- Responsible for adherence to fundamental operations processes such as Change Control, Incident and Problem Mgt, local Service Desk procedures and budget.
- Mentors other DBA’s performing related work.
- Manages vendor sourcing process as needed.
Primary Responsibilities - Projects
- Leads the collaboration with the technical managers to define infrastructure scope of new projects, document risk and assumptions, develop the delivery approach, and estimate cost and time lines
- Accountable for oversight of project delivery:
- Leads teams through all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Creates and presents architecture diagrams to the Global Architecture Review Board for approvals.
- Accountable for the accuracy and consistency of SQL Server architecture artefacts.
- Responsible for facilitating/brokering communication between the project and the infrastructure and operations support teams.
- Implements SQL Server technology based on globally accepted standards for support and maintenance
- Insures delivery of complete project documentation to include scope, requirements, architecture, operational instructions, run books and troubleshooting information.
- Partners with development teams to ensure that our infrastructure scales to meet the needs of new products.
- Required to be on-call as needed for emergency situations.
- This position manages DBA’s