Sr. Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems Administrator
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37214
- Other Location
Conexess Group is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator for one of our clients in the Nashville area. This position is open due to growth and will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, securing, and supporting information systems. This individual will design and install LANs, WANs, internet/intranet systems, and network segments. They will also be responsible for escalation support and server support as needed. Please review the complete description below and if you are interested in this role further, please contact us today!
Day to Day:
- Securing and administrating system and network infrastructure, including servers, firewalls, databases, storage, network devices, privilege access, and malware protection suite.
- Developing security posture & maturation; secure coding principles; educating team & stakeholders on security concerns
- Monitoring security threats requests, providing support.
- Developing formal standards, reviews, & audits.
- Analyzing business needs, documenting requirements and technical specifications.
- Identifying risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters.
- Providing operational support to internal business partners.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Writing reports and technical documentation.
- Self-managing and implementing project deliverable s.
- Available to provide 24/7 on-call coverage
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field AND four (4) years of relevant professional experience OR six (6) years' relevant professional experience substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Current security based certifications and or Microsoft, VMware certifications are desired.
- Knowledge and experience with well-known control frameworks, e.g., HITRUST, HIPAA, SAML, SSO, PCI DSS, NIST SP 800-53, ISO 27xxx, CMS ARS, MARSe, DITSCAP, DIACAP, DIARMF desired.
- Must have experience with Windows Server Administration on Windows 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and Terminal Servers and FTP.
- Experience with networking and the OSI model is desired; specifically, Meraki and other Cisco products.
- Experience administrating Microsoft Azure platform is desired