TELECOM SALES EXECUTIVE - San Antonio, Texas
The Senior Account Executive consults, analyzes and assesses customers’ needs in order to provide comprehensive telecommunications services to meet short and long term goals. The Senior Account Executive spends at least 52% of job time out of the office in the field actively pursuing revenue objectives selling Company services to small & medium size businesses to meet or exceed set quota. The Senior Account Executive maintains high levels of professionalism as a representative of Company to the business community during all phases of customer contact from pre-sales activity to post-sales and account management.
Works under the supervision of the Direct Sales Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts sales presentations demonstrating Company professional solutions to meet customer's specific telecommunications needs and articulate the advantages of our products and services paralleled to our competition.
- Spends the majority of the work day outside of the office networking, prospecting and meeting with clients.
- Manages to an aggressive quota ($3,500 Customer Billing Revenue (CBR)/ Monthly Reoccurring Charges (MRC) per month).
- Heavy daily prospecting & appointment setting.
- Manages full sales cycle from prospecting to order processing.
- Interface with customers to determine technical requirements and expectations thru solution selling.
- Negotiates contract pricing and configuration with customers.
- Reviews & submit contracts with Order Acceptance and Sales Engineering to ensure complete understanding of the contract/customer expectation.
- Provides weekly and sometimes daily forecasting & reporting against Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) & activity.
- Participates in all sales and technology training.
- Participates in team cold call and activity blitzes.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
(A) Graduation from an accredited four‑year college or university with a degree in business administration or related field, and
(B) Three to four (3-4) years of outside business to business sales experience, or two (2) years of telecommunications sales experience.
(C) Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral, written, time management and presentation skills.
- Ability to persuade or influence individuals using oral communication skills.
- Must be capable of balancing between fulfilling customers’ needs and meeting company expectations and goals.
- Knowledge of computer and word processing systems and programs.
- This position requires strong lead generation and presentation abilities to communicate the benefits of our products and services platform-as compared to that of the competition.
(Will be required to drive for customer prospecting and appointments and other related peripheral duties -52% of job).
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points on driving record.
- No DUIs within the past 3 years.
- Ability to drive is an essential function of this position. Drivers with a suspended or revoked driver’s license are subject to disciplinary action up to and including separation of employment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
- Ability to drive personal or company vehicle is an essential function of this position in accordance with company policy.
Base $60k - $65k
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.