Special Security Office (SSO) Support
- Job Title
- Special Security Office (SSO) Support
- Job ID
- Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762
- Other Location
- Offsite Location
- Serve as the contact for issues involving Special Security matters; work with DOD, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), National Security Agency (NSA), AF, Air Education and Training Command (AETC), AOS, Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudication Facility (DoDCAF), and other national-level agencies to evaluate, guide, and adjust ANG unit programs to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Assist SSO by researching, interpreting, analyzing and applying Presidential Executive Orders, Director Central Intelligence Directive (DCID), DIA Manuals, DoD Manuals, AF Manuals, AFIs, and Operating Instructions.
- Provide support and guidance for physical and information security issues for field units.
- Assist Security office with the supervision and management of the SCI program maximizing productivity and quality.
- Assist Security office with the enforcement of all operational, functional, and mission assurance aspects of the program.
- Ensure the security disciplines of information, personnel, and industrial security fully converge from a policy and programmatic viewpoint to assure that the Special Security program meets mission requirements.
As required by the government:
-At the government’s direction, coordinate compliance activities between all units and the AF SSO IAW DOD 1505.21-M-1.
-Oversee SCI program IAW DOD 1505.21-M-1.
-Work with MAJCOM SSOs on SCI policies, directives, and procedures and as directed, disseminate any changes to those policies, directives, and procedures to the field units.
-Develop and conduct security education, establish security profiles; review and disseminate SCI message traffic and other products for customers.
-Assist the Security office with the pre-construction, concept approval, and accreditation processes for SCI Facilities (SCIF).
-Assist the Security office with the management and maintenance of intelligence reference files to include all applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, guidelines, reports, and correspondence.
-Brief SSO first, and as directed, all units on new and impending changes to national SCI policies.
-Forward SCI access certifications on cleared personnel worldwide to SCI security personnel at the locations to be visited
-Conduct SCI foreign travel briefings, investigations and manage all aspects of the security violation program.
-Provide guidance to SCI indoctrinated personnel on proper handling, transporting, marking, and protection of SCI.
-Travel to units for SCIF inspections, site visits and SATAFs.
- Must have previous ISR experience
- Must have experience working in security
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have a minimum of an Interim TS/SCI Security Clearance to be considered for this position
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
- This position is contingent on contract award