Budget Analyst Support
- Job Title
- Budget Analyst Support
- Job ID
- Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762
- Other Location
- Offsite Location
Provide technical SME support on MIP and MIP-like programs to the ISR Resources staff.
- Prepare, formulate, justify, present financial requirements for the ISR programs and execute when directed by the ISR resources staff.
- Analyze and interpret budget policies, regulations, and procedures, and provide technical advisory services in support of worldwide ANG ISR missions.
- Execute MIP funds on behalf of ISR leaders when directed by the ISR resources staff for specified PEs funded in multiple ISR appropriations.
- Conduct analyses to verify obligations, expenditures, and requested allocations of ISR resources are within DOD regulations and budgetary limitations.
- Conduct research, identify, and analyze trends in fund usage, and evaluate the effects of continuing program and funding changes.
- Assist the staff with the development, application, interpretation and monitoring execution of AF and DOD budgetary policies and procedures for MIP.
- Support the ISR Resources staff at key phases of the AF PPBE system to include Budget Execution Reviews, Financial Plans, and Quarterly Execution Reviews.
- Prepare a variety of reports covering the status of funds and allotments; expenses and obligations, to include identifying conditions of over- and under-obligations of funds; and analytical reports with a 95% accuracy rate.
- Draft recommendations for: Initial fiscal year fund distribution based on historical data, programmatic changes, and Congressional adjustments and Budgetary adjustments to support unanticipated changes in program operations and funding.
- Obtain and provide information concerning the propriety of using funds for specific purposes by researching appropriate legal and regulatory guides.
- Monitor year-end closing to ensure proper and full use of funds.
- Ensure updates are properly accomplished in the AF and execution databases.
- Assist ISR Resources staff with responses to questions/findings by Congressional staff members and other officials on ISR MIP appropriations.
- Interpret ambiguous and conflicting budgetary legislation and make recommendations to Resources staff
- Coordinate ISR’s external requirements and maintain continuous liaison with appropriate HQ and AF organizations.
- Review ISR programs’ financial plans and budgets to ensure MIP objectives are effectively executed as directed by ISR staff.
- Provide detailed justifications in ISR programs’ execution reports and recommend ranking of unfunded requirements.
- Verify accuracy of budget allotment of MIP investment resources.
- Perform quality checks on automated system database information and notify program manager of problems and discrepancies.
- Must have previous ISR experience
- Must have experience in accounting and finance
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have a minimum of an Interim TS/SCI Security Clearance to be considered for this position
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
This position is contingent on contract award