Data Visualization Developer
- Job Title
- Data Visualization Developer
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Data Visualization Analyst/Application Developer
This person will leverage existing analytical toolsets to present data in a way that effectively drives fact based decision making. This person will possess extensive experience delivering solutions via Microsoft Power BI (Client/Cloud Service/Administration) as well as extensive knowledge of the Office 365 architecture.
- Engage directly with business partners, project stakeholders, and application development teams to understand objectives and requirements to implement analytic centric solutions.
- Produce training and documentation while establishing best practices regarding the creation of effective data visualizations to be leveraged by business partners.
- Work with technology partners to define and implement a best in class data visualization and reporting infrastructure designed with our customers in mind.
- Design and develop top to bottom visualizations that allow business partners to make key decisions and drive business results using the Microsoft Power BI platform.
- Lead and mentor others on design and implementation of visualization tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, communications, analytics, computer science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with graphic design, data visualization tools, interactive user interface or product design required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power BI is a must. Additional experience in other modern data visualization software (Cognos, SAS etc.) is desirable.
- Experience in delivering solutions via SaaS and IaaS technologies (Microsoft O365/Azure and AWS).
- Expertise interpreting large data sets with advanced understanding of SQL programming to understand data leveraged by business partners.
- Knowledge of visualization/dashboard design techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Must have ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and resolving them independently and in a timely manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills ensuring effective communication and requirements documentation between business customers and technical teams.
- Ability to collaborate and excel in a multi-functional team environment.
- Creative thinking, pushing beyond boundaries of existing practices and mindsets
- Analytical mindset, differentiating ‘needs’ from ‘wants’, deriving necessary and implicit requirements.
- Knowledge of visual perception and cognitive theory.
- Financial background/subject matter expertise is highly desirable.