- Job Title
- Solutions Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Solution Architect's (SA) role is to plan, coordinate, architect, and supervise activities related to the development of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. The Solution Architect discipline defines the application architecture for the Clients leading auto business focusing on the mapping of IT capabilities to business needs. The focus is on defining the relationships, flows and implementation of business (processes/activities/functions, information), applications, data and technology in the organization and the transitional process necessary for implementing technology in response to changing business needs. The Solution Architect creates and maintains architectural best practices, addressing application, data and technology in the context of business processes across the division. The position provides leadership direction and accountability for strategic application architecture plans, system design, and implementation. The Solution Architect collaborates with other architects, the technology delivery team and the technology infrastructure team to define architectural approaches and solutions, conducts business reviews, document current systems in the portfolio, and recommend how to proceed with the applications (replace, retire, maintain, etc.). The position develops and tailors application design concepts and implementation plans for the efficient transformation of the current application portfolio. The SA is also responsible for developing and maintaining application design patterns, overseeing the development of application components and overseeing performance and security testing of application modules and interfaces. This role will also identify emerging trends and thought leadership in software development and introduce these to the application/project as well as the enterprise.
The successful candidate must also exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills and have experience interacting with internal technical and business partners as well as external partners. Experience with on-shore and off-shore contractors is a big plus.
- Uses a broad and deep understanding of business and/or technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop solutions to problems and design issues.
- Work assignments are typically focused on key products for the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- May manage relationships with suppliers/vendors and/or business partners.
- 5+ years formal solution architecture design and implementation experience
- 5+ years developing and implementing application strategies and patterns
- 8+ years proven solution or integration architecture experience involving two or more of the following:
- Spring-Centric Java solutions (i.e. MVC, Data, Security, AOP, and Batch)
- Enterprise Content Management / Digitization / Customer Communication Management (i.e. Al Fresco, PitneyBowes, EMC etc,,,)
- Proven experience with open source libraries like Apache Camel, CXF etc,,,
- Business Process Management (i. e. BPMN 2.0, BPEL)
- Business Rule Management (i. e. DROOLS)
- Service Oriented Architecture (i. e. Fuse ESB, Mule ESB, WSo2)
- Customer Relationship Management (i. e. SalesForce)
- 10+ years overall IT experience involving:
- Agile Methodologies
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Design Patterns ( Core, J2EE and EAI )
- Capacity Planning for High Availability: Application Servers, ESB, and Database
- Continuous Integration
- Test Automation
- Must have excellent communication skills written as well as verbal; must be able to articulate the value proposition of solution/services to senior teams from client/prospect
- Must be able to translate business requirements into technical requirements and solutions by planning, developing and refining to-be architecture
- Must have ability to estimate development effort
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Prefer some experience in design and development of event processing based applications