Contract- Sr. Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Contract- Sr. Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN
- Other Location
Responsible for ensuring that business needs are translated into comprehensive requirements and that new capabilities are successfully implemented across a wide range of systems and/or clinical applications. Lead, plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business process flows and functional requirements for all business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. Responsible for the collection, evaluation, understanding, testing, and communication of requirements involved with building and implementation of systems and applications. Provide ongoing support including resolution of system issues, root cause analysis of problems, planning and testing of system upgrades and coordination of the development of enhancements with third party vendors. Apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementation of Electronic Health Record (EHR) software solutions. Work typically entails subject matter of complex to significantly complex nature. Incumbents may lead significantly complex processes and projects and may provide guidance to more junior team members.
- Chart existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analyses, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals. Abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and refine/distill user requests to true business needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Lead and/or participate in issue prioritization.
- Lead and participate in the deployment of new systems and/or clinical modules, upgrades, fixes and new installations.
- Be the primary liaison between the business units, technology teams, support teams, and customer community.
- Capture observed and reported existing facility processes and policies in Visio diagrams and as business requirement documentation. Create process and systems models, system design proposals, functional user specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction where appropriate.
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations and information process flow.
- Analyze requirements, policies, and customer needs against system capabilities and functions to determine gaps.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems and processes. Lead recommending process improvement options to leadership and business process owners.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas. Includes presentations to senior leadership.
- Communicate and present process changes, enhancements and modifications to management, peers, staff and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood. Incorporate “best practices” approaches.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout projects.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Work with business users and technical support to ensure appropriate test scenarios and test cases are documented for quality assurance testing.
- Work with software developers and other end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. Manage escalation procedures and ensure service levels are maintained. Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolutions are achieved.
- May lead and/or participate in the delivery of system and/or application training sessions for end users.
- Assist in completion of special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- 5-7 years of direct work experience in a business process analysis capacity, including all aspects of process analysis, mapping, and documentation.
- 4+ years Healthcare experience required, Corrections experience a plus.
- Experience implementing and supporting Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems/issues, identify patterns and recommend creative solutions to significantly complex problems.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company goals and strategic priorities.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude.
- Able to partner and interact with all levels within the organization.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to present oneself with confidence.
- Able to multi-task and adapt to changes and shifting priorities with ease in a fast paced environment.
- Able to contribute to a collaborative team environment. Experience supporting geographically dispersed operations preferred.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of support tools, techniques, and IT delivery services.
- Familiar with enterprise support procedures in a Service Desk setting.
- Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL v.3).
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio, VB, SQL, reporting/query tools
- Certified Business Analyst (CBA) preferred
- Travel required, up to 40%.