Contract- Sr. SAP ABAP Developer
- Job Title
- Contract- Sr. SAP ABAP Developer
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN
- Other Location
This position is responsible for developing, configuring, building, reviewing and unit testing SAP software solutions. This requires strong knowledge of SAP Application with strong technical and analytical ability in SAP development tools & methodologies, ABAP Object oriented programming, Netweaver technology, SAP Portal, Webdynpro, Adobe interactive forms, and SAP PI & BI areas. Additional responsibilities include partnering with the business analysts to review and refine business requirements into core system capabilities
II. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and/or configures, builds, reviews and unit tests software/solutions
- Prototypes new requirements for the purpose of enhancing technical functionalities and information process flow.
- Meets with technical leads, architects and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, sets system goals, identifies and resolves system issues, ensures the system is implemented as designed and in adherence to the implementation guidelines.
- Assists developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and validating solutions that meet business requirements.
- Partners with the business analysts to review and refine business requirements into core system capabilities.
- Participates in 24x7 rotational technical support to solve business problems and documents resolution.
III. Job Requirements/ Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Training/Systems
- 6+ years of SAP ABAP development experience in SAP development tools & methodologies, Object oriented programming, Netweaver technology, Portal, Webdynpro, Adobe interactive forms, and SAP PI & BI areas.
- Experience in SAP IS Retail ECC 6.0 modules: MM, FI, and WMS. (Knowledge on SAP MM procurement life cycle is required.)
- Strong hands on experience in ALE, IDocs, User exits, BAPI, Badi, ALV, Performance optimization, RFC and Enhancement Points is required.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle, relational database, client server concepts, and service oriented architectures.
- Certifications from SAP like ABAP, Reportwriter, Smartform, Netweaver are preferred.
Retail experience is preferred.
- Oracle database and PL/SQL knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of Modern Software Development Processes (Agile, XP, RUP) is preferred.