Application Development Manager
- Job Title
- Application Development Manager
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Application Development Manager
The Application Development Manager will be responsible for design, development and delivery of JEE-based SOA and Web applications for the Customer Information & Analytics (CIA) team. This role would be involved in all efforts geared towards development, delivery and support of complex software solutions according to company standards. The candidate will have a strong technical and leadership acumen. The candidate will also have experience interfacing with business partners as well as internal and external technical teams.
Responsible for the design, development and delivery of JEE-based SOA and Web Applications that also interface with a big data stack.
Collaboratively develops specifications to resolve business client questions, problems and to address enhancement needs Interacts directly with clients for purposes of gathering and conveying information Interacts and communicates with technical and non-technical audiences.
Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The role requires senior level Java development experience as well as experience managing a team of developers. A candidate with a strong background with Open Source Java Frameworks and a passion for test driven software development is desired. The ideal candidate would have 8-10 years of experience developing Java/JEE applications in a financial services banking or brokerage environment.
Responsible for day to day systems engineering support while keeping technical skills current to contribute to architectural-related discussions. Work with various groups to take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root causes of complex issues. Responsible for building solutions that have positive effects on the efficiency and effectiveness of the technological organization. This position requires problem solving skills, logical thinking and application of programming techniques to design, build and implement solutions. Knowledge of infrastructure components on the physical and virtual servers in addition to the experience with *nix systems (Unix / Linux knowledge) Experience with application monitoring tools like Application Dynamics and Splunk.Required
Skills and Experience:
Hands on Development experience Ability to design complex systems and lead projects Ability to debug and analyze complex issues.
- Understanding and implementation of Design Patterns Knowledge of web, app and database servers
- Knowledge of Open Source Java Frameworks Application Servers: JBOSS EAP, Weblogic, Tomcat, Websphere
- Knowledge of IBM Infosphere Master Data Management v11 Databases: SQL Server, Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle Exadata, MongoDB
- Big Data: Cloudera, Hadoop, Pig, Spark, Hive, MapReduce, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie
- User Interface: Node.js, AngularJS, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML5, SPA concepts Experience with *nix systems (Unix / Linux knowledge) Strong database skills in SQL, Oracle and PL/SQL ETL: SSIS, Datastage
- Reporting: OBIEE, SSRS Integration/SOA: JBOSS Fuse, Camel, jBPM, BPEL, ActiveMQ, Drools, APIMAN, REST, SOAP
- Others: DataGrid, Spring Framework, Dozer Experience with Test Driven Development; jUnit; Mockito, Spring Integration Tests a plus.
- Proven experience working with Maven
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with creating and supporting DevOps/continuous integration process using Jenkins, SonarQubeExperience with the Intergration landscape is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of the DAO, OLE, IDM API, BAPI and how these components interact with each other is critical for the role.