- Job Title
- Component Engineer
- Job ID
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Other Location
Our customer is a worldwide leader in advanced power supply products for a wide variety of industries. We are currently looking for a Component Engineer to join their engineering team to provide support to the Material Engineering team in the new part process; qualified manufacturer change process; documentation creation and maintenance; and ongoing data maintenance and component standardization, alternate sourcing, and cost reductions. In this role, you would work in a team setting with collaborating with product development engineers. This is a work hard, play hard environment with almost no turn-over; people come to this company, enjoy the work and the team and stay! This is a direct hire positions. If you are looking for a new opportunity, consider applying today!
- Interfaces with internal contacts and works directly with suppliers to gather pertinent information component information for daily decision-making and translates information for design and manufacturing use.
- Performs datasheet comparisons.
- Coordinates discrete component qualification tests and interprets results testing.
- Coordination of sample requests for alternate sourcing and cost reductions.
- Maintains on-going component data management system including qualification records, results, and documentation.
- Support for New Part requests and Manufacturers changes.
- Supporting factory teams for alternate sources and cost reductions and component related issues.
- Documents, records and maintains facts and information in a detailed and accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.), or 5 to 10 years related component engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a power supply design center/laboratory technician position highly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the proper utilization of components for power supply design (specifically semiconductor, passive, magnetic and electromechanical parts).
This is not a position for which sponsorship is available now or in the future. For immediate consideration apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org