Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
Senior Business Analyst/Technical Writer
- Job Title
- Senior Business Analyst/Technical Writer
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 20301
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides business analysis and technical writing support to a DOD customer.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business Analyst\Technical Writer is the liaison with project team Lead, the Program Manager and government personnel to identify and write technical documentation. The candidate will be responsible for soliciting and documenting requirements and ensuring they are built into the system to meet customer expectations. This is a client facing position, and you will become an expert in communicating application functionality and assisting in documenting or editing requirements, design specifications, test plans, security requirements and training. Working with customers, prepare detailed specifications from which the client’s application will be constructed. Analyze business related issues to formulate and develop new or modified solutions. Identify areas where systems solutions will meet the customer needs. Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of related experience in Business / Functional / Systems / or Requirements Analyst.
- Work closely with the customer in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements and business processes
- Lead the development of documentation as it relates to Agile or Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Write and edit technical and design documentation such as developing functional and non-functional requirements, use cases, test plans, reports, and other supported documentation
- Review and make appropriate changes to draft correspondence/documentation for clarity
- Provide minutes and meeting artifacts. Develop and maintain trifolds, and all other documentation for applications
- Review customer notifications and website content before it is publicized. Use SharePoint and/or designated repository to store documentation
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Work with technical staff, designers and developers to make products easier to use and thus require fewer instructions
- Plan, design, research, write, and edit a range of supporting documents, including user guides and manuals, technical specifications, training materials, user policies, for both print and online media.
- Establish, communicate, and maintain documentation standards, and provide training where required
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be US Citizen with an active Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in functional or business or systems requirements elicitation and development; or the equivalent training and experience
- Experience with CMM Level 3 or higher processes is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.