Sr Experimentation Tech - Laser Optics Lab
- Job Title
- Sr Experimentation Tech - Laser Optics Lab
- Job ID
- Beavercreek, OH 45431
- Other Location
- WPAFB - AFRL
Azimuth seeks experienced candidates with a breadth of laboratory experience and general optical skills applicable to a wide array of laser technologies and related optical sensor protection methods including their design, system characteristics and performance evaluation.
This is a position on a government funded contract working on a USAF base in a team environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in lab experimentation design, setup, test performance, and analysis for said protection components/systems; someone who is a self-starter, has excellent inter-personal skills and is comfortable working in a matrixed team with many concurrent projects and objectives.
US Citizenship is a bona fide requirement.
Must be able to obtain or retain a security clearance up to Secret.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Degree in Physics, Engineering, Materials, or Optics fields
- 5+ years working in related/similar laboratory with Master’s degree or higher; 8+ years with Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of multi-spectrum (UV, visible through IR) light sources and passive or active light filtration, absorption, diffraction, and reflection designs (filters, dyes, waveguides, etc)
- Experienced in basic through advanced optical protection device testing and analysis, including knowledge/ability to compare and contrast ideal versus measured properties and potential causes of deviation
- Well versed in measuring and interpreting performance of optical devices and their properties, reflection, absorption, and transmission and/or calculation, including power, prism measurements, cylinder/sphere measurements, and haze/clarity
- Experience in optics/optical lab testing, including but not limited to the following test/inspection types: optical profilometry, Raman and optical microscopy, x-ray and fluorescence spectroscopy, laser densitometry, atomic force/scanning electron microscopy, goniometry, UV-vis spectroscopy, polarimetry, contact angle measurement, nuclear magnetic resonance, circular dichroism spectroscopy, adhesion testing (thin film layer adhesion, bonding of polymers and other substrate types), interferometry, static/dynamic light scattering, FTIR, and environmental (temperature, humidity, and solar exposure) durability
- Related equipment performance, calibration, and equipment maintenance/repair experience
- Experience/capability to design and validate innovative, high quality, repeatable experiments for unique analysis using an array of light sources, equipment, and test article interrogation setups.
- Ability to translate and compile inspection and analysis data for clear and concise presentation to a variety of audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Ability to work independently and in teams, and to be responsive to project scope, parameters, limitations and deadlines
- US Air Force research project planning, budgeting, and contracts
- Familiarity with light-related human optics behavior, reaction, and impact
- Familiarity with civilian and/or military laser threats and potential impacts on military systems and personnel
- Tests and processes: Chromatography, thin film morphology, thin film lithography, vapor deposition, etching, vapor infiltration, RGA/TGA, SEM (incl. sample preparation)
- COMSOL, MATLAB, C++ or other programming,
- Knowledge of various polymers, ceramics, liquid crystals, nano-materials, plasmonics, and/or metamaterials
- Experience working in a team with varied technical backgrounds, and of a mixture of military, civilian, and contract personnel
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
- Required Skills
- MUST be a US Citizen; Must have a Secret Clearance