The mission of Mutual Housing California is to develop, operate and advocate for sustainable housing that builds strong communities through resident participation and leadership development. We strive for a work environment that is marked by honest, responsible and sincere interaction. As a team, our aim is to support each other to achieve individual and organizational goals. An interesting and challenging experience awaits you as a prospective employee of Mutual Housing.
- Job Title
- Davis, CA 95618
- Other Location
Porter/Janitor must be a team player who provides safe, decent, atmosphere for the residents of the community. The Porter/Janitor will work in conjunction with maintenance staff to ensure a high standard of cleanliness, customer service, and a hazard-free environment.
Technical/Functional1. Cleans and maintains entry lobby, including cleaning of windows, doors, mopping floors, vacuuming carpets, etc., daily, and more if necessary to maintain excellent entrance appeal.
2. Cleans laundry room, community room, conference room, and management offices daily.
3. Cleans community bathrooms daily, more to maintain in a sanitary manner.
4. Cleans stairways and elevators on a regularly scheduled basis.
5. Does cleaning of units, including stoves, refrigerators, bathrooms, floors, windows, etc. if necessary
6. Reports all maintenance repairs needed to Maintenance Supervisor.
7. Sweeps and cleans parking lot on daily basis.
8. Picks up trash from grounds.
9. Ensures garbage enclosures are picked up and cleaned daily.
10. Uses hose/pressure washer to clean walkways and buildings when necessary.
11. Change all light bulbs in hallways and common areas.
12. Does minor work orders for residents and/or management as assigned by Property Manager.13. Respect the confidentiality of resident information.
High School Diploma/GED.
Experience with janitorial routine.
- Take direction from the supervisor.
- Read, write, do basic math, and follow instructions in the English language.
- Work in a collaborative manner, as a part of the site team.
- Communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Flexible to change work schedules.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Legally operate and own a motor vehicle (valid driver’s license and insurance).
- Treat residents and vendors with respect and compassion.
- Represent Mutual Housing Management with a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and commit to the mission and values of Mutual Housing.
- Wear a Mutual Housing Management uniform at all times when on duty.
Work Environment/Physical DemandsThe work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently required to push/pull objects weighing more than 100 lbs. and lift and carry objects weighing more than 50 lbs. but less than 100. Frequently required to perform simple manipulative tasks such as using hand tools and operating maintenance machinery. Must be able to walk, stand, squat, drive, and remain in uncomfortable positions for periods of time necessary to accomplish maintenance repairs.
Frequently required to read fine print on plans, regulatory documents, maintenance coding, and instructions. Must be able to distinguish normal sounds with some background noise to answer pages, phones, etc. Must be able to speak clearly and hear and understand others using the English language.
Frequently required to concentrate on moderate detail with moderate interruption. Must be able to attend to a task/function for more than 60 minutes at a time. Must be able to understand and relate to specific ideas one at a time and remember a task/assignment for at least a full shift.
Frequent exposure to seasonal conditions in outside weather. Occasional exposure to grease, oil, toxins or poisonous materials, dust, loud noises, high humidity, and electrical or mechanical hazards.
Frequently required to operate power carpentry tools, lawnmower and other garden tools, cleaning equipment, or paint sprayer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.