Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
Director of Outside Sales
- Job Title
- Director of Outside Sales
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
This position will provide business development for MicroTech with focus on MicroTech branded solutions, IT network, services and solutions for Federal Government customers. Highly motivated, detail oriented, with a solid technology background that will identify and qualify business opportunities in all stages of the business cycle and must have the ability to develop strategies, plans, and actions to successfully manage pursuit of qualified opportunities. Successful candidates will execute exhaustive research and documentation efforts and be responsible to intelligently discuss pursuits at all levels of the organization. Candidate will develop, draft, and execute capture plans, win themes, story boards, decision briefs, business strategies, weekly reports and participate in and/or lead proposal activities. Actively develop and nurture strategic alliances with government clients to support the business development strategy. Assist in merging technical capabilities to support opportunities in emerging markets. Candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of business development processes as well as MicroTech’s services and capabilities. Provide qualified recommendations for expanding capabilities and entering new business areas via acquisitions and other means. Maintain system of tracking, decision-making and reporting on business opportunities throughout the life cycle, from concept to contract.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop relationships with government clients in an effort to identify and cultivate opportunities prior to the appearance of the opportunities on bid boards.
- Develop and maintain a realistic outside sales, business development and account management plan in conjunction with the SVP of Solutions and Product Management as well as securing and maintaining a realistic pipeline of business.
- Prepare and maintain the account and opportunity development plans and schedules, and secure BD and BU management approval of the plans, including interim approvals as it evolves.
- Collect/document intelligence about the customer, procurement, competition, and price.
- In coordination with the capture/proposal team, negotiate with internal and external teammates.
- Make presentations to the appropriate corporate and executive review teams.
- Develop/approve win themes/discriminators.
- Brainstorm solid and effective technical, operational, management, personnel, business and pricing strategies, approaches and/or solutions.
- Identify potential Sales risks and development avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Establish resource needs, including R&D, B&P, consultants, key hires, etc.
- Respond to RFI or Sources Sought Information requests as appropriate, coordinating the requisite resources needed for a response and ensuring the right “message” is conveyed for the RFI response, and in consideration of MicroTech’s win strategy.
- Develop pre-RFP requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop Outside Sales and BD plans that implement the vision, adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to oversee activities to achieve the vision.
- Ability to technically conceptualize and develop solutions specific to client requirements.
- Respected leadership, strong Outside Sales or BD experience, and confidence in abilities to plan and execute a winning business development effort.
- Backbone to maintain focus on the win strategy, thwart efforts to deviate from what is needed to win, and infuse the strategy and its resultant tactics to good effect.
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and objectives.
- Strong written and verbal skills to effectively communicate account and sales plans and status across the entire development team (BD, Capture, and Proposal) and upwards to management.
- Patience and people skills to achieve effective progress, anticipate problems, and keep BD activities moving forward.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience within the Federal Government.
- Technical certifications preferred (Microsoft/Cisco/VMware or equivalent).
- Knowledge and expertise in Federal procurement policies and practices, techniques for marketing and selling in the Federal space, Sales and BD planning, and capture management, and proposal development in response to government RFPs are critical.
- Excellent written and oral English language communications skills are essential.
- Must be a US Citizen capable of passing a Department of Defense background investigation and obtaining/maintaining an interim/final Secret Security clearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.