Sr. ERP Application Analyst
- Job Title
- Sr. ERP Application Analyst
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32837
- Other Location
Objective: Collaborates with customers, peers, technical and operations staff to ensure the successful configuration, data conversion, deployment, and support of PeopleSoft General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Cash Management, Deal Management, and Project Costing modules in a Commitment Control environment that meets or exceeds established SLAs.
- Identifies user requirements and works with the business to translate them into functional specifications with an emphasis on leveraging delivered functionality with little to no customization. Guides design to meet standards while ensuring ease-of-use. Helps design and configure systems to ensure the smooth and accurate flow of data.
- Subject Matter Expert that assists all teams to achieve maximum utilization of delivered Oracle PeopleSoft system capabilities. Understands interdependencies between finance, supply chain and human resources modules/systems.
- Understands how to configure base table set ups for assigned modules and makes sure documentation is updated.
- Experience with AM configuration including defining asset books, asset categories, cost type, depreciations terms and asset profiles. Should be familiar with retiring assets, transferring assets, and AP/PC integration.
- Experience with AP configuration including defining financial gateway processing, pay cycles, 1099s, etc. Should be familiar with OCR scanning and indexing, workflow, accruals, and close reconciliation.
- Experience with GL configuration including base table set up, adding ChartFields, creating allocations, combo edit rules, consolidations, commitment control processing, trees and performing month and year-end close.
- Understands GAAP standards, variable/flex budgeting, and consolidations. Guides design to meet standards while ensuring ease-of-use.
- Is familiar with industry best practice business processes, and works with Shared Service Center to identify opportunities for process improvement and automation.
- Develops test plans in cooperation with functional colleagues. Performs system and integration tests to ensure application requirements are successfully met. Assists with User Acceptance Testing and logging/resolving testing issues.
- Provide functional and technical support to business super users - identify, evaluate, research, resolve and/or escalate user problems. Responds promptly to customer questions and provides education to customer to prevent future problems.
- Manage communication to users on assigned tickets, track issues, ensure their timely resolution, and manage user expectations. Assists in prioritization of user requests. Owns assigned tickets, beginning to end. Provides 24 hour on call support as needed.
- Coordinates and/or participates in application releases and upgrades. Participates in conversions and deployment of systems/modules, supporting functional and technical teams.
- Follows department standard methodology and procedures, including change control.
- Act as leader on simple to medium projects as assigned.
- At least 7 years functional/technical experience with several of the following PeopleSoft Finance modules and related interfaces: General Ledger, Accounts Payable (including matching), Asset Management, Cash Management, Deal Management, and Project Costing.
- Understands the accounting and data flow of and into PeopleSoft FSCM modules, preferably in healthcare, gained by working in the business units or in application support of these systems.
- Experience maintaining FSCM systems, preferably in an implementation capacity (Full project lifecycle preferred).
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills. Ability to analyze business needs and translate into system requirements.
- Proven ability to work with all members of a project team, including business, technical, and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service, communication, analysis and problem solving skills required.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving many issues simultaneously.
Education: Minimum Bachelor degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Technical or ERP-relevant major.
Technical skills and competencies:
- PeopleSoft 9.x, PeopleTools 8.5x
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues using application tracing, SQL/Query, Application Designer, and online pages
- Experience with assigned module configuration, key processes and delivered interfaces / EIPs / Excel to CIs.
- Advanced Verbal and Writing skills
- Knowledge of Analytical Practices
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- PeopleSoft Implementation in a Healthcare environment
- Experience with Grants and Fund Accounting
- PeopleSoft Commitment Control 8.4 and above
Supervision Received and Given: Reports to Application Development & Support Manager, receives general supervision, has no direct reports, may act as a project coordinator on designated projects.