Senior .NET Application Developer
- Job Title
- Senior .NET Application Developer
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
The Senior .NET Application Developer is a member of a small team responsible for developing and supporting custom web applications. The candidate will be designing and developing.NET web applications that interact with enterprise databases, web services, and other applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Applicant must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of application programming activities including: estimation of effort based on requirements, mockup/wireframe and prototype design, performing unit testing, and the creation of supporting documentation to include commenting code. As the senior developer, the candidate is expected to mentor and guide junior developers and to assist the application development manager with implementation of best-practice coding standards.
- Deliver high quality, error free applications based on customer requirements
- Coordinate with other developers to develop visually interesting, intuitive user interfaces for new and current applications
- Continually improve the functionality, performance and security of existing applications
- Work with stakeholders during all phases of the development lifecycle to identify problems, fix coding errors, and implement requested changes in a timely fashion
- Provide guidance to junior developers for improving technical skill sets, design methodologies, and coding implementation practices
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Secret (or higher) clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or technology related field
- More than 5 years programming experience using ASP.NET (3.5 or higher) and C#
- More than 3 years of experience developing using the .NET framework
- Strong knowledge of JS, jQuery, HTML, CSS, ADO.NET, LINQ\LINQ SQL, and Visual Studio 2012/2015
- Experience using code versioning control solutions such as Team Foundation Server
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, able to work with a programming team to gain and share experience and knowledge
- Reviews designs and maintains compliance with application and infrastructure architecture and security
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experienced with database development, specifically using Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge and Experience with Model/View/Controller (MVC)
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Experience developing custom code for SharePoint 2013
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.