Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
Service Desk Intern
- Job Title
- Service Desk Intern
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: This Entry Level Service Desk position will give the Intern valuable, real-world experience, as well as providing the Service Desk with additional IT support for routine tasks.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in answering phone, walk-up and email requests.
- Help with standard installation of software.
- Aid in ISO 20000 and 27001 preparation work, running reports and assisting in inventory.
- Learn to image computers and prepare them for distribution to new employees.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution in Computer Science.
- Experience with Windows operating systems (Active Directory a plus).
- Excellent troubleshooter/problem solver.
- Prior Helpdesk experience (school computer lab, etc) preferred.
- Good communication skills are key for customer satisfaction.
- Evidence of achievement in academic or non-academic activities
- Ambitious, motivated and driven
- Be forward thinking and action oriented
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate a sense of accountability and excellence
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.