The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Service Desk Intern
- Job Title
- Service Desk Intern
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: This Entry Level Service Desk position will give the Intern valuable, real-world experience, as well as providing the Service Desk with additional IT support for routine tasks.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in answering phone, walk-up and email requests.
- Help with standard installation of software.
- Aid in ISO 20000 and 27001 preparation work, running reports and assisting in inventory.
- Learn to image computers and prepare them for distribution to new employees.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution in Computer Science.
- Experience with Windows operating systems (Active Directory a plus).
- Excellent troubleshooter/problem solver.
- Prior Helpdesk experience (school computer lab, etc) preferred.
- Good communication skills are key for customer satisfaction.
- Evidence of achievement in academic or non-academic activities
- Ambitious, motivated and driven
- Be forward thinking and action oriented
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate a sense of accountability and excellence
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.