The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
- Job Title
- Sales Intern
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for revenue generation/value creation by making outgoing telephone calls, emails and other customer focused contacts within his or her assigned territory. In addition to placing outbound sales calls, emails, etc. , the Sales Intern will develop quotes for interested prospects and will refer leads found that require additional support or are outside of the assigned territory to the proper person for follow-up. The Sales Intern will strive to build strong personal relationships with our partner’s contacts with our partners support personnel to facilitate registration of opportunities with our partners and to secure the best possible pricing for our customer quotes as well as to obtain lists of potential customers for them to contact.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Master all elements of partner registration requirements and register as many opportunities as possible for favorable pricing.
- Master all elements of partner pricing and sourcing.
- Obtain customer information required to prepare quotes.
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as partner personnel, bid boards, purchased lists and other sources as applicable.
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
- Register opportunities and orders internally in MicroTech’s CRM and Accounting systems.
- Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders.
- Refer appointments for outside sales representatives to the appropriate Sales Support Team meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven customer satisfaction skills (verbal and written communication skills, and negotiation techniques)
- Knowledge or ability to learn about information technology (IT) industry (networking, software products, markets, technology)
- Must be motivated to have an impact on our product solutions sales and our company
- Proven detailed organizational and administration skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution
- Evidence of achievement in academic or non-academic activities
- Be forward thinking and action oriented
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate a sense of accountability and excellence
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.