Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
- Job Title
- Proposal Intern
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
The Proposal Intern will assist the development of proposal responses to government Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), and Requests for Information (RFIs).
Analyzes proposal requirements, writes original text and edits technical narratives to ensure grammatical accuracy and formatting standards of all outgoing proposals.
Collaborates with assigned Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure derived methodologies, principles, operations, and basic concepts are presented in clear simple language.
Serves as the proposal coordinator for assigned proposal efforts, preparing kickoff packages to include coordinating meetings, compliant outlines, and developing proposal schedules.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Proposal Manager with various tasks including analyzing solicitation documents; creating proposal outlines, compliance matrices, transmittal letters, presentations, and other proposal documents
- Works with Proposal, Capture, and Program staff to support business acquisition and proposal development efforts
- Coordinates proposal color team reviews
- Prepares and manages data calls, coordinating receipt of information
- Ensures that ISO, CMMI, and other quality processes are followed and promotes improvements
- Coordinates assembly, editing, production, and packaging of proposal submission.
- Arranges delivery and submission of proposals.
- Researches information on a broad base of technical areas and describes the principles, operations, and basic concepts in clear simple language.
- Writes original text and edits narrative for proposals.
- Edit, standardize, or change proposal material prepared by other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to edit content from multiple individuals, incorporating data and graphics, to produce a professionally prepared and compliant proposal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to include writing, editing, grammar, etc.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to perform in a team environment with strict deadlines.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution
- Evidence of achievement in academic or non-academic activities
- Ambitious, motivated and driven
- Be forward thinking and action oriented
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate a sense of accountability and excellence
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.