Project Management, Operations Intern
- Job Title
- Project Management, Operations Intern
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
MicroTech is currently looking for motivated Interns to participate in our Summer Internship program. Our program offers talented college students an opportunity to go beyond the classroom to develop leadership skills and gain meaningful hands on experience working as part of a global support team with professionals across the company.
A variety of opportunities are available; each will provide training, mentoring, and on the job experiential learning. Additionally, summer interns will participate in scheduled activities throughout the summer, including sessions with Senior Leaders within the company.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in Project Management, Operations. This division pursues and supports over 24 multiple awards contract vehicles and agreements as well as many services related contracts.
This is an opportunity to learn not only how the government procures goods and services, but how private sector companies such as MicroTech meet these requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with various tasks including analyzing solicitation documents; creating proposal outlines, compliance matrices, transmittal letters, presentations, and other proposal documents
- Works with
- Coordinates proposal color team reviews
- Researches information on a broad base of technical areas and describes the principles, Writes original text and edits narrative for proposals.
- Edit, standardize, or change proposal material prepared by other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Required to be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution in a related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience in a related position is preferred but not required
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution in Computer Science.
- Evidence of achievement in academic or non-academic activities
- Ambitious, motivated and driven
- Be forward thinking and action oriented
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate a sense of accountability and excellence
Business Administration, IT, and Communications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.