Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
Project Management, Operations Intern
- Job Title
- Project Management, Operations Intern
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
MicroTech is currently looking for motivated Interns to participate in our Summer Internship program. Our program offers talented college students an opportunity to go beyond the classroom to develop leadership skills and gain meaningful hands on experience working as part of a global support team with professionals across the company.
A variety of opportunities are available; each will provide training, mentoring, and on the job experiential learning. Additionally, summer interns will participate in scheduled activities throughout the summer, including sessions with Senior Leaders within the company.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work in Project Management, Operations. This division pursues and supports over 24 multiple awards contract vehicles and agreements as well as many services related contracts.
This is an opportunity to learn not only how the government procures goods and services, but how private sector companies such as MicroTech meet these requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with various tasks including analyzing solicitation documents; creating proposal outlines, compliance matrices, transmittal letters, presentations, and other proposal documents
- Works with
- Coordinates proposal color team reviews
- Researches information on a broad base of technical areas and describes the principles, Writes original text and edits narrative for proposals.
- Edit, standardize, or change proposal material prepared by other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Required to be pursuing a degree at an accredited institution in a related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience in a related position is preferred but not required
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited institution in Computer Science.
- Evidence of achievement in academic or non-academic activities
- Ambitious, motivated and driven
- Be forward thinking and action oriented
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate a sense of accountability and excellence
Business Administration, IT, and Communications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.