Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator
- Job Title
- Community Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator
- Job ID
- Casper, WY 82609
- Other Location
Will work primarily with the Rocky Mountain Oncology (RMOC) and e+ Cancer Care leadership team, and with community in raising awareness of RMOC, its services and the Wyoming Foundation for Cancer Care and Angels Cancer Care Foundation. Participates in marketing and outreach activities as well as organizational planning for special events designed to improve community knowledge of RMOC and cancer prevention awareness. Assist in managing relationships with various community partners, referring physicians, and internal teams. Evaluate opportunities for access to patient resources, including transportation. Coordinate and manage all aspects of the volunteer program, including fundraising efforts that contribute to the foundation fundraising arm, and increase volunteer participation. Management of the volunteer program also includes, recruitment and selection, placement and evaluation of volunteers with ongoing assessment of program effectiveness. Assure compliance with state and federal laws, RMOC policies and not for profit regulations.
EVENT PLANNING AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH:
- Organize and coordinate with other local providers and interested groups for participation in RMOC events and foundation fundraising.
- Organize community meetings, cancer screenings, and events, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain relations with media outlets.
- Work with VP of Sales and Marketing and local leaders for marketing and collateral for events, cancer screenings, advertising and community education.
- Ensure all processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other functions as required by management.
- Participate in local health fairs to promote RMOC services to the community.
- Work with local community organizations to identify access to patient resources and to plan and develop collaborative marketing programs if applicable.
- Identify needs of the medical community and design and implement goals and objectives for community outreach.
- Assist local leader with managing and servicing existing relationships in the community and physician partners.
- Work with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships that enhance community awareness of RMOC.
- Secure sponsorship for existing local events.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM COORDINATION:
- Recruit, interview and evaluate volunteers.
- Identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers, write volunteer descriptions.
- Foster an environment where volunteers are valued, supported and recognized for their contributions.
- Work with social, civic and local organization to develop partnerships and recruit/utilize volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer records including demographics, hours worked, mandatory education and health requirements, etc.
- Assure compliance reporting with regulatory agencies and state federal laws.
- Participate in exhibits, workshops, promotions and conference to promote community awareness of the volunteer program.
- Develop, manage, and foster relationships with current, lapsed, and prospective foundation donors to ensure Wyoming Foundation for Cancer Care and Angels Cancer Care Foundation achieves its fundraising / income goals.
- Effectively communicate through compelling emails, letters, proposals, reports, memos and presentations that generate positive responses which includes specific key performance indicators (KPI’s) that quantify success.
- Proven ability to implement new initiatives that significantly increase revenue from corporate, local and private donors and inspire new donors to Wyoming Foundation for Cancer Care and Angels Cancer Care Foundation.
- Innovative thinker with discernible capability of transforming strategic thinking into action plans and results.
- Comprehensive knowledge in grant writing with focus on vetting funding sources, proposal composition with supportive documentation.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Expertise in generating and sharing local social media content that builds meaningful connections.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, consensus building and intuitive listening. Representational and public speaking skills. Excellent organizational skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional customer service skills. Strong functional competence. High stress tolerance. Initiative. Adaptability. Accountability. Integrity. Self-Confidence. Time Management Skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking.
Physical Demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasional walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking and hearing.
Work environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Our executive team doesn’t hide the fact that they care. Patients come first. Period. It’s refreshing in today’s business environment to know that the bottom line is more than profits.
There’s nothing better than being part of a team that makes a difference in the world. Every person contributes to the quality of experience our patients and families have.
We prosper as a company when we grow as individuals. We are committed to being the best we can be by empowering our team members to grow personally and professionally.
Commit to something big
There are many benefits to being part of the e+CancerCare team – including competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, 401(K), ongoing training, team member assistance program and service days. But at the end of the day, we believe the most important benefit is making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
I’ve been with e+ for over seven years. We’ve grown rapidly over that time but haven’t lost the family feeling. I love that any teammate in the company will help each other out to do what’s best for our patients.Chris Burgess, Vice President of Clinical Operations
I am surrounded by an awesome management team, nurses and peers. The home office gives us a lot of autonomy to do what's best for our patients, families and communities.Brittany Fortie, Lead Nurse, Oncologics and Lafayette General Hospital
You hear people say, ''we’re a family,' but at e+ it’s not just words, you actually feel it. Everybody is so happy and caring. I love working here and getting a chance to brighten the day for our patients and families.Jamie Gilbert, Patient Concierge, Oncologics, New Iberia