- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Interface with OEM/Tier I suppliers as required to develop software specifications for new lighting projects for LDM (LED Driver Module) and HCM (Headlamp Control Module) or AFS (Advanced Forward Lighting System) modules requiring software interface with vehicle system (LIN/CAN).
- Release LDM/HCM/AFS Software - Requires interface with Automotive OEM/Tier I/Software OEM to resolve software issues, develop updates to software and/or to promote software changes or concepts.
- New Module Software Development (currently lead EU) Support microprocessor selection and work with hardware engineer, develop core software to exercise the micro to validate its capability to meet requirements then proceed/hand-off to application software development tasks.
- Application software development for existing/designed modules. (develop specifications, adapt basic system algorithm based on system performance requirements, modify base software code, generate code on LIN/CAN for updated communication database, develop calibration sets, run/support software validation tests, support software release)
- Tool development to develop code to assist in generating software tables (ie control motor movement, LED intensity, LED control) and correlate to LIN/CAN protocol and algorithm
- Support/Perform software quality tool for syntax analysis (ie QAC, MISRA)
- Expert/Working knowledge of C programming, Assembler Language is a plus.
- Desirable knowledge or VECTOR software and diagnostic tools. (tools to generate the network CAN/LIN interface to the micro, diagnostic, protocol requirements, boot loader (software to talk low level and reprogram module)
- Support DVP&R, FMEA pertaining to software as needed.
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree required. Preferably Master’s Level degree.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of automotive electronics/software design, validation and launch experience
- Understand/Experience with a software development cycle
- Experience with configuration management tools (ie Clearcase, RTC)
- Experience with automotive LIN/CAN systems.
- Familiarity of Power Electronics with Switch Mode Power Supplier (SMPS), DC-DC converters in automotive environment.
- Software analysis and debugging skill experience.
- Ability to work with OEMs/Tiers I to develop programs and to work on production issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.