Sunny, Project Accountant - Growing Construction Firm
- Job Title
- Sunny, Project Accountant - Growing Construction Firm
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60601
- Other Location
- Privately owned company with over 30 years of history
- Located in Downtown Chicago
- Numerous repeat clients nationwide
- Hundreds of employees
- Multiple divisions
- Market leaders in thriving industry niches
What the Company Offers You:
- Winning team! Recent awards for quality, community involvement and growth
- Community involvement opportunities—they give hundreds of thousands for charity!
- A fun, smart corporate controller and excellent manager
- Opportunity to meet and interact socially with clients and project teams
- Formal training and development programs
- Mentoring program for new team members
- Positive, team-oriented culture
- Reasonable work hours and flexibility
- Tuition reimbursement for work related courses.
- Exceptional Benefits - 100% of your medical premium paid by employer, plus medical, dental & vision, 401(k) with 100% up to 5% match, wellness program, quarterly employee outings and more.
Your Role with the Company:
You will report directly to the Controller and be the primary Project Accountant for multiple projects. You’ll be responsible for project billing, AIA billing pay applications, job costing, and reviewing contracts to ensure clients are billed accurately. You will be responsible for collecting certificates of insurance for new projects, creating waivers and release of liens for subcontractors. You’ll also perform accounts payable duties and assist with any additional projects assigned by the Controller.
- Associates Degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience
- Exposure to construction industry preferred
- Background in accounts payable
- Experience with detailed billing
ABOUT DK COLE & THE PROCESS:
DK Cole is a privately owned executive search and consulting firm, and we have been engaged to conduct this confidential search by the client company. We maintain a high level of ethics in dealing with both clients and candidates, and a very high level of confidentiality with candidates' information. Thanks in advance for your interest. Please send your resume in Word and provide a phone number where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence.