IT Financial Analyst - Long Term Contract
- Job Title
- IT Financial Analyst - Long Term Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: IT Financial Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Summary: Reporting to the SVP of eCommerce & Technical Innovation, the IT Finance Analyst will work closely with IT leadership and finance to ensure alignment of project related costs to the overall IT budget/forecast and compliance with overall IT and finance policies / procedures. The ideal candidate has some financial and analytical acumen, can juggle multiple activities, and is problem solver able to lead tasks and projects to completion. The candidate will work with people across the business and IT at varying levels so communication skills, professionalism, and presence are important.
- Overall IT finance support responsibilities
- IT finance process, tools, and governance
- Department and project-level budget tracking and reporting
- Work closely with delivery managers to analyze project financial performance and forecasts. Review financial data for monthly project health checks. Support IT leadership in preparing consolidated forecasts and budgets, review project pipeline data and prepare analysis and reports. Maintain project reference data, and consolidated reports in Excel.
- Participate in project and program management enhancements, to identify reporting and process opportunities, and to ensure enhancements enable effective reporting capabilities
- Partner with finance to create and maintain a monthly reports and tools
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and senior leadership to identify reporting requirements and KPIs to drive value-added, pre-emptive decision making.
- Run the monthly close process. Process month-end invoices for capital and expense recognition, accruals, and forecasting. Run ad hoc project queries and analysis.
- Run the process to review, audit and manage resource time tracking as it relates to IT finance management
- Support the monthly and annual IT budget and planning processes
Reporting and Analysis
- Take the lead on responding to requests for ad-hoc reporting
- Apply analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret internal customer needs and translate them into business requirements and reporting designs
- Review project finance reports with IT leadership
- Provide first line of triage and reporting troubleshooting expertise to IS business units and key stakeholders
- 5+ years’ experience that includes 2+ years’ experience with financial analysis
- B.S. or B.A. in business, engineering, information systems, or accounting
- Business and financial acumen desired
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to dig into data to drive understanding, displaying a forensic mindset
- Ability to thoughtfully consider the ramifications of decisions on various constituencies
- Tenacity, willingness to work in an iterative environment
- Flexibility and openness towards new ideas and change
- Some experience or knowledge of IT preferred
- Comfort with multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
Communication and teaming skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-work skills and ability to work in a challenging environment with frequent deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritizes activities, and meets strict deadlines. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Experience as a contributor and collaborator with both senior management and more junior professionals
- Experience with MS office suite required; highly proficient in using pivot tables, lookup functions, filters, and named ranges.
- Ability to learn new technologies, software and systems quickly
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- Must be able to work in an open floorplan work environment.