The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Accounts Payable Administrator
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Administrator
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
Responsible for the planning and execution of the accounts payable functions in a timely, accurate, consistent, and effective manner. Ensure that all accounts payable and related accounting processes are documented and performed in a professional, accurate, quality, and timely manner. Assist the Accounting Directors, the Vice President of Finance in the control and standardization of the accounts payable and accounting processing procedures by developing and maintaining up to date procedures document of all the cycles: daily, weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and annual processes and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive documents for pay (invoices for vendors, expense reports, etc.), obtain approvals for payment, code the transactions, records the transactions in the Microsoft NAV Accounts.
- Maintain the Payables module and prepare and send payments via check, ACH or wire transfer.
- Check Processing - cut checks, obtain signatures and prepare all payments for mailing.
- Expense Reports - receive, obtain approvals, code and enter all expense reports.
- 1099 preparation and W-9’s - obtain all necessary payment information, prepares the forms, issues the forms accordingly, and maintain files.
- Filing - properly maintains the files of all accounts payable pending and processed.
- Data Entry - properly records all transactions in the Microsoft NAV Accounts Payable module.
- Field vendor calls - properly responds to all call from vendors, employees and management regarding Accounts Payable matters.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure that cost and revenue are documented in the correct and necessary time frames.
- Sales and Use Tax Reporting and Payments.
- Process and maintain vendor credit applications.
- Assist with financial and other audit requirements, as needed.
- Increase knowledge and expertise of 1. Increase knowledge and expertise of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting system to be able to train and/or familiarize other accounting personnel with the capabilities of the system, which will enhance the operational requirements and performance of the Accounting Team.
- Assist the Accounting Director by cross-training in other Accounting functions, as needed and required by the Accounting Director and the CFO. Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting system to be able to train and/or familiarize other accounting personnel with the capabilities of the system, which will enhance the operational requirements and performance of the Accounting Team.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Three to five years of experience in payroll operations and processing, including experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Minimum high school diploma required, with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Finance and Accounting and certification as Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.