QA Analyst (Mainframe) - Contract
- Job Title
- QA Analyst (Mainframe) - Contract
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA 98104
- Other Location
Title: QA Analyst (Mainframe)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The CPS Software Engineering organization supports Visa, MC and ATM machine transaction processing and settlement from supported networks - VISA, MC, FIS Gateway, Pulse, Star, etc. - through to the FI core banking systems and/or card issuers. The teams perform both support, new development and QA services for PowerLink, Connex, .Pro, .Net, Direct, and the card processing functionality on CIF 20/20 and SilverLake. CPS Software Engineering develops highly efficient, reliable, scalable and stable Banking Software Systems for our Customers.
- Minimum of five years of experience in quality assurance or software testing
- Experience with one or more of the following: IBM z/OS, TSO, CICS, and DB2.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of test design and testing methodologies.
- Familiarity with Web debug tools, Team Foundation Server and MS Test Manager
- Experience in the following: Intertest, FileMaster, Websphere, Endeavor, Simulators (MAS, VTS3, FIS Open Test Solutions, Iso8583)
- Ability to review system and functional requirements and extract data to use in preparing test plans and scripts.
- Experience developing complex level test cases and scenarios.
- Provides quality assurance for JCL, DOCs, PROCs, Parms, and file creation on the mainframes in support of the PowerLink application.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise test scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Reports test results and status as appropriate. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure. May review and certify test results of other analysts and testers.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, and scope documents.
- Helps set standards for test design.
- Supports and advocates established testing procedures and may provide input to establish those procedures.
- Interacts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and development teams to identify and refine test requirements.
- Coordinates and performs moderately complex testing projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; may prepare enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May assist with automated scripts from team members.
- May assist with education and training with regard to software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.