Application Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Application Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Lathrup Village, MI 48076
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individual’s nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Application Support Specialist:
· Manages and troubleshoot advanced software issues.
· Providing technical support for team member’s and system issues and escalating when appropriate.
· Monitors Application Development project metrics for significant deviations in quality, defects, and support.
· Provides a fast response and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
· Provide 7x24 support working with IT Operations team and external vendors.
· Build and maintain knowledge base and document procedures.
· Provides feedback on all projects and/or support issues to Technology Delivery Manager.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Must be willing and able to work closely and effectively with other departments, peers, etc. and escalate issues if necessary.
· Must consistently deliver results.
· Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms.
· Must have excellent attention to detail, and all work must be at a high level of professionalism.
· Does what it takes to successfully accomplish goals
· Understands key customer business processes, applications and integrations in order to develop system expertise for customer support, troubleshooting issues, and performing system testing.
· Beginner to Intermediate level reporting experience working with SQL and databases for extracting reports.
· Ability to work with multiple systems and tasks at once.
· Understanding of Agile/Lean environment
· Responsible for day-to-day customer support of designated systems and processes, including coordination with stakeholders to train, answer questions and troubleshoot issues.
· Ability to work with external vendors, business users, and/or development teams to resolve issues in a quick and efficient manner.
· Liaison amongst business departments, technology team and third party vendors to successfully coordinate activity across matrix functions and maintain a good customer experience.
· Manage escalations to level 3 support.
· Assists with training and quality improvements to core applications being supported.
· Assists with solution documentation and training materials as required.
· Reports to Delivery Manager about current trends and repetitively reported issues to identify defects if applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Must be able to build effective working relationships and garner the trust and respect of the software development team and the greater organization as a highly capable team member and servant leader.
· Must possess and retain a high degree of situational effectiveness and provide a calming and constructive presence across the full spectrum of operating conditions and circumstances from ordinary to extreme.
· Must be a proactive systems thinker who can identify opportunities for improvements that will prevent problems from becoming issues.
· Must possess demonstrable hands-on proficiency with respect to Corelation Keystone.
· Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be capable of working in a member-centric environment, with a practical approach and strong problem solving skills.
· Basic understanding of XML
· Intermediate level reporting skills using SQL databases.
· Must have experience working with Microsoft Sharepoint.
· Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
· Prior system support experience in a multifunctional environment
· Prior banking or credit union experience is a plus.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or related degree or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
Lathrup Village, Michigan, United States