PostgreSQL DBA (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job Title
- PostgreSQL DBA (100% Remote) - Contract
- Job ID
- Plano, TX 75023
- Other Location
- Atlanta, GA
Title: PostgreSQL DBA (100% Remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position requires a candidate that possesses a strong technical aptitude and extensive database administration experience. The position is part of the Data Services team that manages both internal and customer facing databases. You will work 1 other team member who is based in Springfield, MO.
The technology stack you will be working on is Linux PostgreSQL supporting an internally developed application that integrates with a third party application. This group designs, develops, and supports both product support databases and operationally focused databases. You will assist to drive the PostgreSQL implementation. This position will be filled and worked out of any of the following locations:
- 100% Remotely
- Springfield, MO
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Kansas City, MO
- Charlotte, NC
- Atlanta, GA
- Travel is up to 5% to attend possible conferences or additional training.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a PostgreSQL Database Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience with pgPool is preferred.
- Experience administrating and troubleshooting Linux servers is preferred.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining operational automation using scripts.
- Assist in developing standards and procedures based on best practices
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Assist in maintaining and improving database operational efficiency
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options.
- Assist in data management processes and procedures
- Experience with backup and restore.
- Maintains several database environments; installation updates, maintenance packs, patches, & fixes for all environments.
- Mentors new DBA staff and provides training.
- Works closely with developers, support and QA teams to maintain all DB environments.
- Refreshes databases as needed by developers or functional teams.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures.