- Job Title
- Sr. Technician
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MN 55441
- Other Location
Our customer is a leader in the HVAC industry, and currently seeking an experienced Lab Test Technician for a position in their R&D facility in their Plymouth, MN location. In this role you will work with the industry leader in commercial HVAC systems. You'll be working hands on with new product development and R&D engineers and technicians in a team focused lab setting. This is a direct hire position with the world wide leader in Plymouth, MN.
This is a second shift position, (3pm - midnight)
• Set up and tests large water/air cooled chillers and other mechanical devices
• Implements major/minor test unit modifications
• Works safely on large complex mechanical systems with little or no supervision.
• Helps determines the proper course of action during mechanical test programs.
• Provides input for possible (sometimes unconventional) solutions to difficult mechanical/ electrical problems that will keep projects on schedule.
• Insures complex mechanical/electrical equipment is in proper operating order at all times. Makes suggestions on innovative processes, procedures and methods for equipment operation and maintenance.
• Completes all tasks to a high level of quality always with a concern for the end customer and the other teams within the group.
• Makes thoughtful recommendations and suggestions in order to keep test and other project schedules.
• Must have 2 year degree in a technical field - very strong preference for candidates who are pursuing a 4 year engineering degree. Once degree is obtained, you will be promoted into a Lab Test Engineer role (client has a tuition reimbursement plan also).
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an electrical/mechanical field and be comfortable working with PLC controls and VFDs. HVAC experience or equivalent combination of education and experience a huge plus.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to data obtained from chiller tests.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must have good working knowledge with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Experience with LabView or other PC based data acquisition tools a Plus. Excel skills are a must have.
• Prefer candidates to have EPA Universal Certificate. Also prefer various levels of boiler licenses or electrician qualifications (not a must though)
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship either now or in the future.
For immediate consideration, apply online or email resume to email@example.com