Program Control Lead, SME
- Job Title
- Program Control Lead, SME
- Job ID
- Beavercreek, OH 45431
- Other Location
- This position supports the B-2 Division (AFLCMC/WWZ) Directorate as a Program Management Support Program Control Lead, SME.
- Performs Executive Officer related duties and provide advice to the B-2 Systems Program Manager (SPM) and Division Leadership on B-2 program and organization topics and issues. Reviews and tracks documents, packages, and executive correspondence submitted for B-2 SPM or Deputy System Program Manager (DSPM) signature, military reports and decorations; prepare the B-2 Historical Report; and perform other related Front Office Group (FOG) administration tasks such as maintaining FOG calendars, scheduling meetings, and making travel arrangements, etc.
- Develop annual narratives for Procurement and Requirements Documents (P/R Docs).
- B-2 liaison to Program Element Manager (PEM) for SAF/AQPN and Air Force Global Strike Command.
- Response to quick reaction taskers, congressional inquiries, and suspense’s.
- Provide weekly updates to B-2 Fleet Status slide for Integration Branch staff meeting and B-2 staff meeting; monthly request for Joint Program Management Review (JPMR)
- Work closely with FM prior to Program Control Board meeting that will require funding to support Sources & Uses Board spreadsheet tracked by Integration
- Attend various recurring meetings relating to finance or program briefs to stay apprised of actions or future plans for programs within B-2
- Participate in Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) activities. Review, evaluate, and provide recommendations on program budgets to include preparing documentation and briefing charts for the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) and the Air Force Centralized Asset Management (CAM) processes. Identify and provide recommendations and/or solutions regarding candidate opportunities to reduce weapons system Air Force Total Ownership Costs (AFTOC).
- Work with each program and provide acquisition advice and guidance for PEO Execution Review, Program Objective Memorandum, and Continuous Improvement Program.
- Support B-2 PEM meetings by updating slides and meeting with SPM.
- Track AF Form 1067 Modification work with PM to develop part IV and prepare PCB package for SPM approval.
- Applies a full range of acquisition program management and sustainment philosophies, policies, and procedures, to perform a wide range of acquisition/sustainment management activities in support of the existing and future programs in the B-2 Division. Applies an understanding of current Department of Defense (DoD) and Air Force acquisition instructions, guidelines, policies, and processes. Supports the acquisition program management of full life cycle requirements for systems, subsystems, and equipment. Assists with the development of documentation, such as, but not limited to, Memoranda of Agreement (MOAs) and Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), Statements of Objectives (SOOs), PWSs, Statements of Work (SOWs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Urgent Operational Need (UON), Initial Capabilities Document (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), Service/Air Force Core Function Master Plan (CFMP), Analysis of Alternatives, Sustainment Metrics, Technical Reviews, and Life Cycle Cost, Modeling, and Simulation. Supports the review of proposals as assigned by the customer. Assists in the coordination of documentation between functional resources (to include: financial, management, procurement, systems/software engineering, testing, and logistics) and assist with the consolidation of their inputs into common documents; assisting in planning for the accomplishment of various program milestones. Provides assistance in risk management, project management, process improvement support, and logistics support. Participates in meetings supporting the B-2 Division and its programs, e.g., Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs), Life Cycle Integration Team (LCIT) activities, Integrated Product Team (IPT) activities, and Product/Process Improvement Working Group activities, Interface Control Working Groups (ICWG), Test Plan Working Groups (TPWG), etc. Assists in the collection of programmatic inputs from weapons systems program offices for defining, developing, and managing the acquisition and development/upgrades to the various B-2 Division aircraft configurations. Performs, as required, a non-voting, advisory role for program source selections on all acquisition related requirements. Assists in determining program progress, effectively communicating recommendations orally and in writing to higher organizational management. Applies program knowledge for developing and coordinating responses to taskers in response to internal and external program inquiries.
- Assist in producing or reviewing products for program office use that include Business Case Analyses (BCA), trade-off studies, estimates for program office acquisition and logistics requirements, written requirements documents for planned acquisitions, and acquisition strategies and plans.
- Perform materiel solution analyses leading up to design and milestone reviews. Produce or support
- Support for strategic scheduling and planning documentation such as the Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), and develop and coordinate a reporting framework for event-based activities during the work efforts. Develop, analyze, and maintain a master integrated program schedule from concept exploration to fielding a system; employ networking software tools and capabilities to support lower tier schedule networking, network statusing, the generation of network graphics, the assignment of realistic durations and relationships to network elements; evaluate Contractor proposed schedules against government schedules; assess government program office schedules against schedule databases; conduct probabilistic and deterministic risk assessments on both contractor and government schedules by performing a Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA); utilize various types of scheduling software; work with the B-2 Lead Scheduler to integrate contractor and government schedule data with the B-2 Division Enterprise Integrated Master Schedule (E-IMS).
- Support the development of acquisition and contract strategies, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and the completion of a program risk assessment to document issues impinging on milestone execution. Support to develop market survey requirements, the lifecycle sustainment plan and lifecycle cost estimates. Support the development of executive briefings, as well as schedule and coordinate through appropriate Air Force and government stakeholders. Update the briefings and document meeting minutes.
- Perform analyses to support program strategy decisions and courses of action. Provide program assessment for integration of documentation to ensure consistency with program strategy and consistency across all milestone documentation. Provide inputs, draft, coordinate (with the appropriate internal and external government agencies), adjudicate comments, and produce final versions of coordinated milestone documents and assessments. Develop and collect technical data and inputs for staff summary packages to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approval.
- Support the development, review, and approval process for requirements document development and the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System process and staffing.
- Assist in translating user requirements documents such as the Service/Air Force CFMP risks, UON, ICD, CDD, CPD, and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) into RFP documentation for the B-2 Division.
- Support key acquisition events and reviews as needed, such as: Materiel Development Decision, Milestones A/B/C, System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Technical Coordination Meetings (TCM), Functional Configuration Audits (FCA), Physical Configuration Audits (PCA), Production Readiness Reviews (PRR), and others as applicable.
- Support Division processes including but not limited to: Monthly Acquisition Report (MAR), Defense Acquisition Executive Summary (DAES), Selected Acquisition Reports, and the Senior Officer Communication and Coordination Electronic Resource (SOCCER).
- Provide technical support for integrated program reviews and conferences, including, but not limited to, the following: executive, readiness, technical, budget, design, weapon system, requirement working groups, supportability, and management reviews. Assist in the review and analysis of prime and subcontractor Earned Value Management (EVM) systems. Support management of the action item process following reviews. Support program briefings and reports by gathering information, preparing charts, presenting briefings, and providing other support as needed.
- Provide programmatic support to process and complete Modification Proposal AF Form 1067 activities. Effort includes supporting the development of technical solutions, risks, schedules, and estimated cost to satisfy the requirements in the 1067.
- Have an understanding of Modeling Simulation & Analysis (MS&A) tools and processes that can be applied throughout the acquisition lifecycle. Access modeling databases and perform specific analysis as required.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and managing critical aspects of the development, production, and/or deployment of capabilities (including System of Systems (SOS) and Families of Systems), systems, subsystems, and equipment.
- Support B-2 programs by collecting, compiling, analyzing, investigating, researching, and/or applying logistics, maintenance, acquisition, or financial data and information.
- Assist in program management support of the F-118-100 General Electric (GE) engine functions to include direct support of the B-2 Mechanical LCIT PM Lead and maintaining close contact and coordinating with B-2 Logistics Supply Support representatives, Engineering, Equipment Specialists, Northrop Grumman B-2 Integration Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) & Contractor Depot Maintenance, 509 BW/JEIM, AFGSC, AFRL, and other support personnel on all defined F-118-100 GE engine system issues directly related to mission support of the 509 BW. F-118-100 GE Engine support activities include, but are not limited to, writing reports, point papers, developing and conducting briefings, conducting daily, monthly, and quarterly reviews, and research/analysis directly related to the F-118-100 GE engine support systems.
- Assist in the program management support to design, develop, integrate, and field software and hardware capabilities; also known as an Integrated Functional Capability (IFC).
- Develops and manages the E-IMS and assist program IPTs in developing and updating their specific IMS. Works with the program IPTs to identify schedule and resource risks and issues across the programs/enterprise, perform “What-If” analyses, reflow schedules, and conduct monthly meetings with prime contractors to verify schedules and keep schedules in alignment with the E-IMS. Conducts monthly aircraft availability optimization meetings with all related stakeholders (e.g. Lead Major Command, Operational Wing, etc.) and conducts quarterly schedule status meetings with Division Leadership.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships with co-workers, and customers.
- Follows policies and procedures as described in corporate manuals and directives.
- Attends work each day during scheduled work hours unless on approved travel or time off.
- Performs occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required (see WORKING CONDITIONS below).
- Works flexible hours, including occasional overtime.
- Carry’s out other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Submits monthly status reports and other information as requested
- Complies with requirements of the contract’s Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA).
- Prepares CDRL inputs including the Task Order’s Monthly Status Report.
- Completes required Government training and certifications.
- Perform occasional travel to contractor and customer sites, as required.
- Work is performed indoors with some potential risks to safety and health hazards related to electronics.
- Subject Matter Experts do not have specific experience/education qualifications, but are typically identified as recognized Industry leaders for a given area of expertise.
- obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the required level.
- be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other standard (Customer specified) applications.
- be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- May require lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard and monitor.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
- Prior experience as a Program Control Lead; Active Secret security clearance is required.