RF Expert Engineer
- Job Title
- RF Expert Engineer
- Job ID
With the accelerated expansion of wireless devices, the open radio frequency spectrum is declining rapidly and we are ever more vulnerable to unintended interference and potential exploitation. Our wireless research team has patented an innovative solution to this problem and this is your opportunity to work on ground breaking research with a world-class team. We need someone with the technical knowledge, the interpersonal skills and teamwork abilities to help us change the way the world looks at wireless.
Our client is seeking an expert in wireless physical–layer development. The responsibilities include development, demonstration and deployment of assured, robust, and secure wireless communications for critical national needs. Projects may extend into collaborative research with Wireless National User Facility (WNUF), smart grid communications, industrial control systems communications, and cyber security for programs supporting the US Government.
Our ideal candidate will serve as an RF Systems Engineer for Wideband Filterbank Multi-carrier Spread Spectrum Program and will work with related technologies including OFDM (LTE, WiFi), DS-SS (CDMA), CSMA/CA, low noise figure with high dynamic range.
You will be responsible for defining multi-band multi-carrier RF systems architecture, RF link budget, system design, systems analysis, system simulations, requirements and development specification. In addition, you will play an instrumental role in all hardware systems design and system analysis, including RF performance analysis in the presence of co-existing primary, secondary and wideband jammers.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, plus 5 years relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, plus 3 years relevant experience.
- US Citizenship Required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a "Q" clearance (DOD equivalent)
- Good understanding of engineering and scientific processes.
- Strong background in wireless communications theory and digital signal processing techniques.
- Experience as RF Engineer, Design Engineer, and Senior Engineer or related to include the ability to develop theoretical RF designs utilizing all aspects of propagation prediction software.
- Good understanding of network protocols, transport layer, video/audio compression/decompression, coding, and encryption.
- Ability to read and understand complex drawings and schematics.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Idaho Falls is a haven for outdoor recreation enthusiasts. We have low costs of living, border the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, and are surrounded by lots of uncrowded mountains, rivers, reservoirs, trails, slopes and hot springs. Don't take our word for it; find out what Businessweek and National Geographic Magazine say about Idaho Falls, Idaho:
Best Places to Raise Your Kids http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/11/1117_best_places_to_raise_kids/13.htm
- Top 100 Best Adventure Towns http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/weekend-getaways/idaho/idaho-falls-travel
- Idaho Falls: #1 on the June 2013 Kiplinger rating for Lowest Cost of Living Areas in the US: http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/real-estate/T006-S001-10-cheapest-u-s-cities-to-live-in/index.html
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)