User Interface Designer
- Job Title
- User Interface Designer
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
User Interface Designer
We’re seeking an ambitious creative professional to execute design for web user experience (UX). You must have the passion to defend design; the maturity to work collaboratively with business leads; the intellect to synthesize brand, user experience and business requirements into well-crafted design solutions; and the discipline to be creative within a closed design system. As a member of a high-functioning team of UX professionals responsible for evolving an established Fortune 500 brand, you must have the ability to make the pragmatic concerns of business and user experience your first priority, above personal artistic expression.
Our user experience (UX) practice operates as an internal agency to our corporate business partners. The work is fast-paced, big in scope, and generates immediate results for the success of our company and our customers. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who thrives in a collaborative setting. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the industry’s top UX professionals in a variety of disciplines. The work demands a healthy respect for the contributions of all stakeholders, and a solid understanding of how visual design plays a supporting role in a user-centered design methodology. If you have a heart for innovation, a head for usability, and all the requisite talent to boot, we want to talk to you.
We offer a creative agency vibe, along with a business casual work environment, including an on-site, state-of-the-art usability lab—among the best of its kind.
Purpose and Function of Job
- Combine creative concepts and design with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative site designs, marketing, and business presentations for all Client web properties
- Continuously engage in research, knowledge sharing, and critique to ensure the Client’s design system is aligning to emerging digital trends, and out-pacing competition
- Make it easy for users to take time to scan, consume and understand key information without finding it tedious, overwhelming, or unhelpful
- Transform data into compelling visualizations that present important details in an intuitive way
- Tailor a flexible UI according to changes in device context by scaling or transforming content and design patterns
- Anticipate what the users need, and when; prioritizing content and design patterns to limit complexity
- Use content and visual cues to make complex systems and interfaces simpler and more engaging
- Design digital feedback to be conspicuous and intuitive, giving users more confidence to solve problems and avoid mistakes
- Execute high quality web design for all the business's web properties under the direction of the Visual Design manager
- Design of digital assets which form the user interface of Client’s web properties
- Adhere to design standards and accessibility guidelines
- Partner across related disciplines including, usability, content management and web development to meet the objectives of every business engagement
- Various other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years experience preferred as a Web Designer at a major agency, retail or financial services institution or large ecommerce site
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe CC
- Working knowledge of rudimentary HTML and CSS
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters desired, with Major field of study in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human Factors, Web Design, Information Systems or Visual Arts
- Minimum: 4 years’ experience in web design, graphic design, usability or related field
- Relevant certifications or special training is a plus
- Experience in an e-commerce, media, or start-up environment
- Experience in the application of human-centered design principles
- Working knowledge of WC3 standards including WCAG 2.0 and WAI-ARIA
- Excellent understanding of usability/user centered design, UX methodologies, interactive design principles, and digital branding concerns
- Must be highly innovative and inspire commitment to a higher standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solutions oriented with the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing requirements and conditions
- Mobile-first mindset with demonstrated capability/experience with designing for touch