ISR PED Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Job Title
- ISR PED Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Job ID
- Pentagon, VA 20301
- Other Location
Role and Responsibilities:
The subject matter expert will actively support the development, planning and deployment of PED capabilities and related architectures associated with existing, new or emerging ISR capabilities, to include quick reaction capabilities (QRC). This will include research and evaluation of new, emerging and existing government and vendor technologies to determine if they are capable of satisfying CCMD requirements within the necessary time line based on the assessed technical readiness level. The SME will support the ISR Operations Directorate in achieving a balance between collection, PED and communications in order to deliver the most effective and efficient ISR capabilities to the CCMD.
***MUST have an active TS/SCI Security Clearance***
- Drafting and reviewing acquisition documentation, financial documentation, CONOPS, CONEMPs and SOPs for the development, procurement and deployment of ISR capabilities
- Closely coordinating with the Combatant Commands to integrate PED capabilities and associated architectures into the theater of operations and identifying opportunities to integrate new technologies into existing framework, or expand the current Combatant Commands' communications architecture to support and/or improve those capabilities
- Attending, planning and hosting meetings as required to bring together the appropriate SMEs across the Services, CSAs, CCMDs and other key stakeholders for the purpose of problem-solving, coordinating activities and reviewing the status of ISR capabilities either deployed or deploying to support combat operations
- Articulate problems and develop solutions which are necessary towards achieving initial operating capability (IOC) and full operational capability (FOC) of the PED, architecture communications capabilities supporting quick reaction capability (QRC) and non-QRC ISR platforms
- Evaluate and assess technical readiness levels (TRL) in order to advise and recommend options to senior staff (SES/GO/FO) as required
- Problem solving and solution development for time critical ISR operations as requested
- Producing, preparing and delivering briefings and weekly summaries related to the status of ISR capabilties to senior OSD staff to include those at the 3-star and SES level
- Document, update and track internal and external suspense dates for ISR capabilities and other systems as required
- Supporting preparation of presentations using Microsoft Office Suite software
- Tracking project decision points with vendors, Services, CSAs and CCMDs
- Assisting in day-to-day Department-level coordination related to rapidly deploying ISR PED systems into global theaters.
- Internally collaborating across a mid-sized matrixed organization of SME teams
- Assist in the development of evolving requirements and track the status of submitted initiatives; applying familiarity of operational and tactical PED capabilities and systems to the process of reviewing and prioritizing initiatives.
- Maintain close relationships with internal OUSDI organizations and mission partners across the DoD and IC.
- Assisting with the development of PED capabilities and associated architectures which take a federated approach to enabling capability across the CCMDs, Services and/or CSAs to include coordinating on, researching or providing input to doctrine, policy and/or regulations.
- Identifying the PED requirements associated with existing, new or emerging ISR capabilities
- Research and provide input as required to associated Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) requirements to ensure the ISR capabilities are being delivered as a "full round" capability.
- In coordination with the Services (Air Force, Marine Corps, Army and Navy), Joint Staff, Deputy and Assistant Secretary of Defense Offices, and Combat Support Agencies (NSA, NRO, DIA, NGA), support deployment planning and operational integration of PED and communication initiatives supporting over 280 initiatives
- Develop solutions to support Joint Operational Urgent Needs (JUONS) and Urgent Operational Needs (UONS) as required
- Coordinate and collaborate across the ISR Operations Directorate as required to support mission requirements
- Regularly brief organizational leadership at the 3-star general officer, SES and GS-15 level
Required Experience / Education:
- Expert in airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) sensor, system architecture, PED and communication systems
- Experience working with and/or directly supporting USCENTCOM or SOCOM
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- 8-10 years experience in ISR operations
- 5+ years of experience developing and managing detailed project plans, project risks, and financials.
- 2+ years directly supporting government leaders at the General Officer, SES and GS-15 level
- B.S./B.A. required
- Previous experience in OUSD(I) is highly preferred, but not required.
Azimuth Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
- Required Skills
- Optional Skills