Humble, Controller - Unique, Construction Firm
- Job Title
- Humble, Controller - Unique, Construction Firm
- Job ID
- Aurora, IL
- Other Location
- Small, privately owned company with over 15 years in the business
- Unique, customized project approach, based on customer preference
- Higher touch service than competitors
- Exceptional level of repeat business
Benefits & Unique Aspects:
- Casual, upbeat, work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- President/owner is enthusiastic, energetic entrepreneurial, and involved
- Be the “go to” person for all accounting and HR issues
- Work directly with experienced senior leadership team
- Fun company outings!
- Owner encourages employee ideas
- Respectful culture, where staff is appreciated and valued
- Excellent employee benefits include 401(k) with 100% match up to 3%, company-paid LTD and Life insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Vacation and personal time off (negotiable)!
- Base salary plus bonus
Your Role with the Company:
As the Controller for this company, you will report directly to the president, work with three, experienced, senior leaders, and have one direct report who handles AP. You will perform all other accounting duties, including maintaining the general ledger, all reconciliations, month end closing, Work in Progress Schedules (WIP), and financial statement preparation. You’ll handle State and Local Tax Filings, as well as Payroll, benefits administration and HR. As the “go to” person for the accounting department, you’ll have the ability to collaborate with the management team to improve and update accounting process and procedures as necessary.
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience
- Background in Construction industry
- Recent exposure to hands-on accounting tasks
- Experienced with Work In Progress (WIP) Reporting
ABOUT DK COLE & THE PROCESS:
DK Cole is a privately owned executive search and consulting firm, and we have been engaged on an exclusive, retainer basis to fill this position for the client company. We maintain a high level of ethics in dealing with both clients and candidates, and a very high level of confidentiality with candidates' information. Thank you in advance for your interest. Please send your resume in Word and provide a phone number where you can be reached between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Your information will be held in the strictest of confidence.