Client Support Engineer (Contract - Ann Arbor, MI)
- Job Title
- Client Support Engineer (Contract - Ann Arbor, MI)
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Other Location
At Conexess, we take a proactive recruiting approach that
embraces heavy-lifting on the front end. This process helps us to
identify and deliver only the most qualified candidates. We work
with our clients and/or MSPs to gain a strong understanding of hiring
trends and upcoming projects. We value the importance of understanding
each clients’ culture, workplace environment and overall needs. This results
in strong relationships from the start, which lessens the likelihood of a candidate
backing out of a job offer or leaving mid-project. Our focus, even after a
candidate is placed, is on continued support so that we can help both the
candidate and client avoid or solve issues that arise.
About the Company & Division
We partner with the world’s leading retailers to drive performance & accelerate sales for product brands. Advertisers use our sponsored products to reach in-market shoppers, drive traffic to products, & attribute resulting sales. Retailers are able to increase profits with native ad placements embedded on their site. Network partners and advertisers include Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Expedia, Intel, LG, L’Oréal, Philips, Microsoft & Marriott.
About the Role
Client Support Engineers are part of the Retailer Integration team. This role is responsible for implementing our sponsored products on new Retailer partners & expanding existing implementations. Client Support Engineers must be creative thinkers who can configure, customize, and deploy professional applications using the newest technologies to solve real business problems. We spend our time adding new Publisher/Partner inventory and improving our integration methodologies. Millions of people every day will be exposed to your work on some of the world’s largest online retailers.
- As a Client Support Engineer, you will work directly with some of the largest retail companies in the world.
- You will implement and maintain highly fault tolerant client- and server-side integrations used by hundreds of millions of Internet users around the world.
- Assess client business requirements against current technology capabilities in order to recommend the best possible integration plan
- You will experiment with & implement new proof-of-concept services to address client specific challenges.
- As a member of the engineering team that works directly with clients and customers, you will be the face of our technology. You will have the opportunity to impress clients with your competence, knowledge and composure.
You'll need a strong technology background, most likely a degree in CS or other technical/science/math. You must be a fast learner capable of adjusting as ad new opportunities arise. You must be able to think on your feet & solve problems quickly with grace under pressure.
- A strong understanding of HTTP, cookies, HTML, and related technologies
- Experience with FTP, XML, CSV, JSON, & similar data transfer technologies and file formats
- Experience with shell scripting, Perl, & other programming languages is a strong plus
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Entrepreneurial tendencies, especially the unrelenting need to find a better way to do things
- The ability to clearly express technical concepts verbally and in writing.
- The confidence and discretion to work directly with clients as required.
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic and the ability to multitask