Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
Call Center Reservationist
- Job Title
- Call Center Reservationist
- Job ID
- Norfolk, VA 23502
- Other Location
Xenia Systems has an immediate opportunity for a Customer Service Representative supporting an HRT inbound Paratransit Call Center in Norfolk. Paratransit services supports a portion of the community unable to drive due to age, illness, disability, etc. Because these services are of a critical nature, the call center is open 7 days per week – 365 days per year. Work hours are between 8 am – 5 pm for each scheduled shift.
This position is responsible for providing timely, accurate, and courteous customer assistance and information to the passengers of the Paratransit Division and the general public. The overall work requires the ability to follow instructions and apply acquired knowledge in responding to inquiries and request to schedule service. Accuracy and attention to detail are the two most important aspects of this role. The work involves a large amount of verbal communication, by telephone or TDD.
- Receive inbound calls and schedule van or bus transportation.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service to inquiries and request for system operations information.
- Receive and respond to telephone, TDD, email or faxed trip requests for system operations information.
- Verify and update passenger information, address, location and special comments electronically via online reservation system.
- Look up via computer past history of scheduled trips to confirm patterns and trip times and schedules.
- Utilize excel spreadsheets to input data.
- Advise people who are not eligible for service of the requirements and assist with eligibility details.
- Cancel or modify scheduled tips on an as needed basis.
- Document trip request using reservation system.
- Demonstrated inbound call experience.
- At least 1 year experience working in a call center/customer service environment.
- Above average verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.