Exchange Engineer-Microsoft 365
- Job Title
- Exchange Engineer-Microsoft 365
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48154
- Other Location
The O365 Engineer is responsible for performing system, application and engineering tasks associated with deploying and managing the O365 environment. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of O365 deployment and administration, as well as prior experience with Office 365. The individual must be a proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with very little supervision.
The O365 Engineer is a full-time role located in Dallas, TX reporting to the IT Operations Manager. This position may be contract to hire. This position could also be in Detroit, MI, New York, NY,or Chicago, IL
This role is expected to be at the Analyst or Associate level, internally.
- Support the management, configuration, deployment, testing and operations of Messaging Platform & Systems.
- Day-to-day management of the messaging system including but not limited to, documentation, testing, configuration changes, topology updates, account and Distribution List management and problem resolution/trouble shooting.
- Plan and coordinate updates, outages, maintenance windows, and any other activities that could impact the availability of the messaging system.
- Maintain and optimize system performance and efficiency through monitoring, analysis and performance tuning, maintaining documentation.
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to resolve any problems
- Maintain and administer Office365 (mailboxes, AD sync, etc)
- Maintain and administer Mobile Device Management & Mobile Application Management using MS Intune
- Maintain and administer mailbox archiving
- Maintain proper change management documentation for all hardware and software modifications
- Report progress to supervisor, including the preparation of weekly status reports
- Troubleshoot and manage calls/tickets escalated from the HelpDesk and assist with network administration
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Participate in monthly maintenance windows
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field (preferred) or the equivalent in training and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years high-level MS Exchange experience in an enterprise environment
- In-depth knowledge of O365, Azure and MS Office Suite 2016
- Experience with Microsoft intune is required
- Experience with Microsoft Azure AD is required
- Knowledge of O365 groups, development patterns & practices
- Experience with Email Protection technologies (ProofPoint preferred) is a plus
- Technical experience with Microsoft connectivity analyzer tool
- Ability to integrate MS Exchange with other systems to enable key workflows and business processes
- Extensive knowledge of databases, logs, mail routing and protocol support
- Experience managing e-mail gateways and policies
- Strong Active Directory skills
- Strong Lync 2013/ Skype for Business skills
- Ability to create custom PowerShell scripts and commands for automation
- Project management experience is a plus
- Ability to function in both team and independent work environments
- Capacity to successfully manage and prioritize simultaneous requests from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams
- Must be able to work full time in an office environment and be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day