- Job Title
- Exchange Engineer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48075
- Other Location
The Exchange Engineer is responsible for performing system, application and engineering tasks associated with deploying and managing the Exchange on-premise environment. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of Exchange deployment and administration, as well as prior experience with Exchange Online/Office 365. The individual must be a proven self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with very little supervision.
The Exchange Engineer is a full-time role located in Southfield, Michigan, reporting to the IT Operations Manager. This position may be contract to hire. Paid relocation is not available.
This role is expected to be at the Analyst or Associate level, internally.
- Support the management, configuration, deployment, testing and operations for our clients Messaging Platform & Systems.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the messaging system including but not limited to, documentation, testing, configuration changes, topology updates, account and Distribution List management and problem resolution/trouble shooting.
- Plan and coordinating updates, outages, maintenance windows, and any other activities that could impact the availability of the messaging system.
- Maintain and optimize system performance and efficiency through monitoring, analysis and performance tuning, maintaining documentation.
- Lead root cause analysis of system hardware, software, operating system and application issues.
- Function in both team and independent work environments.
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to resolve any problems
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements
- Maintain proper change management documentation for all hardware and software modifications
- Report progress to supervisor, including the preparation of weekly status reports
- Troubleshoot and manage calls/tickets escalated from the HelpDesk and assist with network administration
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Participate in monthly maintenance windows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field (preferred) or the equivalent in training and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years high-level MS Exchange experience in an enterprise environment
- Ability to integrate MS Exchange with other systems to enable key workflows and business processes
- Extensive knowledge of databases, logs, mail routing and protocol support
- Manage e-mail gateways and policies
- Strong Active Directory skills
- Strong Lync 2013/ Skype for Business skills
- Ability to create custom PowerShell scripts and commands for automation
- Experience with MDM technologies (Mobile Iron preferred) is a plus
- Experience with Email Protection technologies (ProofPoint preferred) is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Capacity to successfully manage and prioritize simultaneous requests from start to finish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results
- Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with clients, staff, and management teams
- Must have the ability to work full time
Must be able to work in an office environment