- Job Title
- Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The IT Project Business Analyst will have a number of responsibilities supporting the Clients Finance and Accounting systems and business customers. This individual will be member of a team whose responsibilities include the maintenance and development of key financial accounting and reporting systems. Responsibilities of this position will span application monitoring; incident resolution; requirements analysis and definition; application configuration; implementation and deployment; communications and change management; ongoing support and enhancements.
Looking for a candidate with broad experience or aptitude to learn business processes; gather and analyze data; and functional configuration of internal systems. Candidates need to be able to gain a good grasp of the technical side of the process, yet be able to converse with our business users in order to gather and understand their business requirements. Project analysts are accountable for providing support to the Project Manager in planning, monitoring project milestones and testing to ensure a successful implementation of the project.
- Project Analytics and Reporting
- Data Mapping of Auto Finance Receivables from sources to internal systems
- Configuration of Accounting Rules to process data within internal systems
- Collaboration with Business Partners to ensure project success
- Support development and production configuration and assist in functional change requests
- Proactively monitor financial processes in the development and production environments
- Investigate and troubleshoot user reported incidents
- Monitor application business, batch and system processes
- Respond to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling
- Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities
- Ensure common configuration across business units where appropriate
- Defining maintenance and other improvements as needed
- Ensuring adherence to methodology, change control, and compliance requirements
- Act as a liaison with business partners on projects and enhancements
- Collaborates with Finance organization to ensure organizational readiness (including business process changes people changes, change management and communication) is addressed
- Create plans and lead QA/test activities for configuration/development activities
- Administer user support documentation and provide training and coaching to end users
- Participates in the planning, organization, development and deployment of reporting and analysis projects
- Creates and communicate training, process guidance and instructions to user environment.
- BS and 5 + years or equivalent of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individual contributors up to Director level personnel
- Excellent planning, project management and problem-solving skills, along with documentation and presentation skills
- Proven experience in successfully working with business partners and projects as well as team coordination/cooperation
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting policies/processes
- Proficiency or experience in data warehouse tools and technologies including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL Server Integration Services a bonus
- Proficiency or experience in Reporting and Analysis Tool such as Oracle OBIEE (Oracle Business Intelligence) a bonus