Technical Business Analyst - Contract
- Job Title
- Technical Business Analyst - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Technical Business Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position will likely work on government compliance requirements for international and US markets, as well as strategic operational changes to our POS system.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Passionate about providing high quality, impactful solutions to real business opportunities and challenges.
- Strong listening skills
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three to five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (systems consulting experience desired).
- Experience in large scale system implementation efforts following a standard software development lifecycle approach (scrum desired)
- At least three years of experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development and data modeling.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally a few times per year.
- Experience with database structures, SQL queries, software design and development. Programming experience a plus.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to multitask on a variety of projects.
- Knowledge of industry standard development methodologies and technologies.
The Technical Business Analyst works with domestic and international stakeholders from all business units and related third parties to define and document business process and software requirements for modifications to our POS system. The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for communication and collaboration between the business and I.T.
- Accountable for the functional design of software development projects.
- Leads the collaboration with business customers to define scope for new projects, communicate the business vision, documents risks and assumptions, develop the delivery approach, and estimates cost and timings
- Decompose, refine, and document requirements using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, diagrams, process models, wireframes, functional and technical specifications.
- Leads the elicitation of requirements and other specifications for modifications to our Point of Sale (POS) system. Produces appropriate documentation including scope documents, cost estimates, requirements documents, and user stories.
- Participates in architecting the logical design of the system with the technical team, including screen design and specifications, data modeling, and documentation of logical processing flows.
- Participate in QA process.
- Works closely with the technical delivery managers for overall coordination of project activities.
- Communicate new requests received from the client to the project leadership teams.
- Facilitate working session to drive and define new requirements or changes
- Develop business relationships with key representatives from corporate, franchise and international organizations.
- Solicit feedback on design, functionality, and priority of new features from business representatives.