The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Senior Systems Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Systems Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Quantico, VA 22134
- Other Location
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide Information Assurance and Security Engineering Support to the FBI.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) for the Telecommunications Intercept and Collection Technology Unit
- Provides security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs
- Implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures
- Verifies security requirements
- Function as the systems security subject matter expert (SME) in configuration control board (CCB) meetings
- Performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall have a minimum of five years of technical experience performing security requirements analysis for, and system design, of computer systems.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall have a sound, technical aptitude for Audit Log Management, Vulnerability Analysis, and Intrusion Detection.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall have a sound, technical aptitude for FISMA Compliance Auditing to include the creation of Configuration Management Plans (CMP), Contingency Plans (CP), Incident Response Plans (IRP), System Security Plans (SSP), Security Controls Assessments (SCA), and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- The Engineer shall have prior experience performing vulnerability scanning and remediation planning.
- The Engineer shall have competence in Active Directory, VB Scripting, Cyber security, structured analysis and architectural design concepts/methodologies.
- The Engineer shall also possess knowledge of state-of-the-art concepts in open system standards (e.g. OSI, ISO, OSE, TAFIM), design methodologies and tools such as entity relationship/dataflow diagrams and IDEF1x, object oriented principles, and systems engineering practices.
- Some current technologies supported include ePolicy Orchestrator, SPLUNK, Remedy, and Nessus.
- The Senior Systems Security Engineer shall provide system acquisition and program management, team leadership and tutelage to junior members/staff, contract and business management administration, financial management and technical support for TICTU and DCS.
- This support will enable TICTU to monitor the installation, integration and implementation of automated systems at designated field office locations while monitoring the prime/developmental contractors’ technical, schedule and cost performance.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess an active Top Secret Clearance with ability to secure a favorable CI Polygraph
- 5 or more years technical experience in Information Assurance
- CISSP Certification (desired)
- CompTIA Security +ce
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.