Technical Operations Engineer
- Job Title
- Technical Operations Engineer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Other Location
Conexess Group seeks to introduce talented candidates to new career opportunities with the regions top Employers-of-Choice. We look forward to partnering with you and provided you a personal touch through the recruiting process.
We are a fast-growing startup that builds the analytic & security solutions that monitor/defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, & network analytics, & we create, deploy, & maintain the largest global network analytics platform.
What We Do
Our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to us for answers.
The Technical Operations team ensures that our complex systems are running smoothly & are highly available. Expertise with Linux command line administration is required. Familiarity with various storage solutions, cloud hosting providers, revision control software, networking and scripting in either python or bash is desired. Problem solving and experience investigating complex issues are a plus. A sense of ownership and responsibility is absolutely essential for success.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced system administrator with a hacker mentality; someone who thrives in a complex, fast-moving environment. This isn't an upgrade to the latest version of the software once-a-year type of gig — our engineers must be able to triage complex problems, ensure system stability & constantly improve processes.
What You’ll Do
• Triage escalated production issues
• Work alongside application developers, network and systems engineers to perform system installations and software upgrades
• Deploy our product in customer data centers and public cloud solutions
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
What You’re Great At
• Linux system administration
• Basic understanding of Git repositories
• Understanding the processes and communications that lead to positive customer experiences
• Working within a ticket tracking system (JIRA, a plus)
• TCP/IP networking
• Learning new technologies
• Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
• Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, & diverse team
Bonus Points For
• Scripting experience
• Cloud hosting experience (such as Amazon Web Services)
• Familiarity with big data technologies (such as Hadoop)
• Experience with virtual platforms (such as VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
• Understanding of configuration management (such as SaltStack, Puppet)
What You’ll Get
• A well-funded startup with competitive salary, benefits, and stock options
• The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
• A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
• A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown A2 stocked with plenty of snacks, beer, & sunlight