Director, Global Health Science (Infectious Disease) - Houston TX
- Job Title
- Director, Global Health Science (Infectious Disease) - Houston TX
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77011
- Other Location
Finally utilize your clinical and pharmacology experience, combined with your knowledge of health economics within a critical care environment, to solve real problems!
Unlike traditional Medical Science Liaison (MSL) roles, our GHS Directors go beyond delivering data, to really working with healthcare professionals (HCP’s) within the hospital, in a way that positively impacts patient outcome, while realizing positive economic sense for the hospital.
Make your mark by joining The Medicines Company, a bio-tech with a $3B+ market cap and a new product pipeline the envy of far larger firms. A firm with a strong reputation as a segment leader, but also a firm that has the feel and energy of a start-up.
As a Global Health Scientist you will:
Partner with HCP’s within intensive care, to help solve the biggest challenges through research, engagement and delivering meaningful information built around our leading suite of products.
Assist hospitals as they seek to respond to the ever changing economic and regulatory environment pertaining to patient care. Our GHS professionals seek to provide our clients with the tools to combat risk to patient outcome and hospital economics.
No longer will HCP’s receive the information the pharmaceutical firm deems of interest. Our Global Health Scientists start by asking the HCP’s what information they need in order to solve pressing problems and then through research and analysis, we seek to provide that information to them. Our goal is to understand the unmet needs of HCP’s and to design projects in collaboration to develop solutions to tackle these pressing issues.
Are you ready to:
- Be responsible for understanding how to improve patient outcomes and cost performance within your assigned client base?
- Be accountable for leading the scientific discovery and diagnosis process, and developing and delivering solutions to KOLs and job executors in the leading acute/intensive care hospitals in the United States?
- Be responsible for educating the hospital and Medicines Company staff on new solutions, clinical and health economic information, as well as providing feedback from KOLs to improve the value of solutions?
- Manage adverse events and product complaints as appropriate, serve as a medical resource and, as requested, deliver medical and economic data for the hospital and formulary evaluation?
Key Performance Objectives:
- Develop and execute Qualitative Customer Research projects in assigned sites to understand health care provider unmet needs in acute and intensive care infectious disease care pathways.
- Lead HCP focus groups, advisory boards, and professional network forums for scientific issue discovery, diagnosis and solution design.
- Develop non-promotional Information Products according to MDCO methods and standards to meet health care provider education and information needs.
- Serve as the medical resource for KOLs and health care providers in assigned hospital sites.
- Convey solution value propositions and proactively identify evidence requirements to support KOL value proposition models and data generation.
- Engage KOLs and job executors in scientific exchange on Medicines Company solutions as appropriate.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for clinical and health economics information on our products.
- Manage reports of adverse events and product complaints as appropriate, and provide clinical and health economic education to health care professionals.
- Collaborate across functional boundaries to determine the best solutions to meet health care provider and KOL needs.
- Provide clinical and scientific education to Medicines Company employees.
- Manage personal expenses in compliance with firm policies and procedures and consistent with local regulatory laws and guidance.
- Required: Minimum 5 years clinical experience, post residency and/or fellowship training, in a health care system in infectious diseases with 2+ years gram negative clinical experience strongly preferred.
- Preferred: Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device industry
- Experience generating and/or disseminating clinical and health economics information to a variety of health care provider and job executors
- Experience launching products/devices preferable
- Experience presenting non-clinical and clinical data to health care providers.
- MD, PharmD or PhD degree
- Post-doctoral residency or fellowship (Critical Care, Infectious Disease,)
- MBA or MPH desirable
- Pharmacoeconomics background desirable
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @indeed @ashp @accp