PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Budget Analyst
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
Under general direction, this person will perform a wide variety of professional level budget analysis and development duties involving the preparation, administration, maintenance, review and control of a Federal Agency Division office's budget. A Budget Analyst performs analytical work involving the collection and evaluation of Agency financial data, budgetary control records and other information concerning agency expenditures and revenues to determine budget requirements, develop budget work programs, and develop justification for requested funding levels. This includes the analysis of financial information concerning expenditures for payroll, capital projects, operating expenses, supplies and equipment, professional services contracts, and other costs.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathers, assembles, and formats data and prepares preliminary analysis for budget preparation; assists in preparation and presentation of preliminary and final budget documents; Prepares budget presentation materials; Maintains data and systems for· budget tracking and reporting and generates reports; and Assists Division/Office with issues related to funds availability, fund transfers and budget compliance.
- Develops forecasts; Prepares baseline budget and revisions as needed; and Analyzes, evaluates, and processes budget proposals.
- Makes recommendations on budget matters to higher level staff, and assists in implementation and monitoring of changes.
- Conducts studies of new and existing programs and special projects to determine feasibility, and resolves problems including organizational, budget and fiscal research and analysis.
- Prepares narrative, graphical, and statistical reports with alternative solutions for resolving issues; Uses computer software to develop and maintain databases and spreadsheets, and prepares correspondence and other written materials.
- Compiles data related to Agency financial transactions and operations, revenues and expenditures.
- Analyzes financial information concerning personnel, capital projects, supplies and equipment, professional services, and other expenses.
- Participates in surveys, studies, and meetings concerning Agency financial requirements.
- Provides assistance to Agency managers and supervisors in preparing budget estimates and proposals.
- Conducts research and analysis on factors affecting budget requirements.
- Develops Agency budget work programs.
- Compare financial reports using current data mining processes.
- Analyze date to create sound solutions to real-world business problems.
- Must have four (4) year; Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Government budget preparation and accounting.
- Experience in administrative, professional, technical, or other responsible work that utilizes knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Experience analyzing problems, drawing logical conclusions, and communicating effectively with others.
- Experience using computer and automation systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and planning abilities.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, and Power-Point
- Ability to compile, review, categorize, prioritize, analyze and interpret data and/or information
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
Option 1: Create a New Profile
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs