Advanced Development Engineer- Sensors
- Job Title
- Advanced Development Engineer- Sensors
- Job ID
- Northville, MI 48167
- Other Location
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
We have been contracted by the industry leading thermal comfort product supplier to assist in their search for an Advanced Development Engineer with experience in Sensor technology. The scope of this role includes research, development, and validation for new sensing and processing strategies in vehicle system thermal management optimization. This is a direct hire opportunity!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop product specification, requirements, and validation documents for mechanical and optical sensing device within application requirements.
· Implement industry standard vision recognition techniques used to identify objects of interest from a continuous video stream including facial recognition and facial movement.
· Continuously improve existing product design and internal processes to increase customer satisfaction (CI and VAVE initiatives).
· Support design, build, and testing of safe, functional prototypes.
· Support and participate in engineering development meetings, program launches with the customer and team from design phase through production and service.
· Act as a technical liaison between suppliers and customers as required.
· Develop and design an interior monitoring system following engineering and technical disciplines
· Ensure that brand new products or processes are designed within industry standards according to applicable specification in a safe, cost efficient and timely manner.
· Identify, quantify, and qualify a range of sensing devices implemented for an automotive interior application.
· Responsible for sensor selection and computational module development of a multi-modal vehicle perception system.
· Define system and component operating requirements and control schemes.
· Prepare technical specifications for the electrical/electronic components and system.
· Support for algorithm and software prototype development
· Create and maintain DVP&R, BOM and drawings.
· Initiate, review and release drawings and specifications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree/experience. 7+ years industrial experiences with an emphasis on system engineering and product-oriented technical innovation.
· Experience with image processing, machine vision & learning, and estimation & detection is a (preferred)
· Experience with mechanical and optical sensing devices within a closed loop system.
· Data acquisition, signal processing, and data handling within a microprocessor / microcontroller based control framework
· OpenCV, CVI, Labview, and/or MatLab modeling and software development environments (preferred)
· Electronics and sensor integration and packaging, system architecture layout, and sensor system verification
· Possess a practical working knowledge of human thermo-physiology and occupant based thermal management