Ready to change the world? It begins with improving health.
Work for CityLife! Can you say…
- "I want to be a part of something huge?"
- "I am more fun than a basketful of puppies?"
- "I am curious as all get out?"
- "I am committed like a champion?"
- "I listen like a radar dish?"
- "I work to make things better?"
- "I am flexible as a hockey goalie?"
View jobs and create a profile below to apply.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Clinical Assistant - LPN or MA
- Job Title
- Clinical Assistant - LPN or MA
- Job ID
- Philadelphia, PA 19139
- Other Location
- Float - All locations
About CityLife: CityLife Neighborhood Clinics… Improving health block by block… It’s a movement! CityLife is changing how patients should think of primary care. Like the old family doctor, primary care is the first place to go for all your health needs. A primary care physician has been the first stop to diagnose & treat illness. Now, primary care is still where you go when you are sick & want to feel better, but also when you need help with the health care system & when you are well & want to get healthier.
Only you can improve your health, but you do not have to do it alone. At CityLife, we know health is more than just physical, which is why we have a care team in place to take care of the whole you, as a person, and not as a condition! The minute you walk in the door, a warm family feel not only makes you feel cared for, but comfortable. At CityLife, you not only have a doctor, but a whole team of health care professionals built around you and your needs! The health care system is hard to navigate, and at CityLife, we know that. That is why we have made it our mission to make health easier by offering same-day visits, walk-in care and so much more!
The floating Clinical Assistant is responsible for assisting the Primary and Urgent Care teams across the market with the evaluation and management of all patients in the clinic. Duties include conducting screeners and assessments, entering data into electronic medical records system (EMR), drawing blood and assisting with the clinic flow. The floating Clinical Assistant is also responsible for performing laboratory tests and processing/prepping lab samples, EKG’s and spirometry as well as assisting other team members with clinical care functions.
- Identifies the health maintenance needs before welcoming the patient to the exam room.
- Previews the schedule in advance, re-evaluates it throughout the day; tracks the flow of the clinic schedule to keep team on track and on time.
- Performs all relevant medical tasks to include collecting vital signs, phlebotomy, performing EKGs and other minor diagnostics/treatments, administering injections and routine immunizations, assisting Provider with minor procedures, quality control testing, and maintaining CLIA waiver log, etc.
- Prepares patient charts up to and including DIs, referrals, preventative screeners, labs, and DMEs.
- Gathers personal and clinical information from patient, readies paperwork and forms, then communicates this information to the rest of the care team.
- Participates in developing and updating of the care plans for patients to ensure accurate tracking of patient’s medical treatment.
- Inputs orders according to the Provider’s written orders.
- Communicates with patients and their family to put them at ease.
- Maintains medical supply inventory for clinic; ensures patient rooms are fully stocked with the appropriate supplies.
- Processes various types of medication refills.
- Schedules patient appointments according to provider availability and preference and communicate changes to clinical staff, per scheduling guidelines.
- Processes patient referrals according to Provider instructions.
- Answers transferred calls to answer patient questions and communicates concerns/needs to clinical staff.
- Manages incoming and outgoing information/records received from specialists, hospitals, and emergency rooms.
- Accurately updates patient information in the EMR (i.e. demographics, contact preferences, insurance information etc.).
- Works in partnership and develops strong professional relationships with team members; collaborates with entire care team to ensure patient’s healthcare needs are being met.
- Maintains member privacy at all times by following HIPAA guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned by leader.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Valid registration/certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) in the state of Pennsylvania
- At least 1-2 years recent experience in urgent care, emergent care, or physician office environment
- Must have recent experience in phlebotomy/venipuncture
- Ability to communicate effectively with Providers and others to resolve issues
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and responsiveness to patients, families and coworkers
- Bilingual (English & Spanish speaking) a plus