Technical Program Manager
- Job Title
- Technical Program Manager
- Job ID
- Kissimmee, FL
- Other Location
As a Technical Program Manager you are responsible for driving various projects from inception to delivery using Agile methodologies and in an Agile environment and culture. This position is responsible for writing technical user stories, creating and executing against the project release plan, proactively mitigating risks, and managing the development life cycle through to production launch and post production support. This position is accountable for the health of the team and meeting the departments values. The Technical Program Manager is also the point of contact with our security team and will be creating, communicating and sourcing a security roadmap for the BIT team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Work with business and technical stakeholders and the BIT community to define project objectives and requirements.
- Facilitate the prioritization of epics and user stories and help define the “definition of done”.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute (as appropriate) standard project metrics to all business and technical stakeholders
- Facilitate vendor selection process (including RFPs, Pricing, SOW’s, and change management) for Third Party tools and vendor purchased software.
- Partner with internal and external teams to deliver on time and within budget.
- Serve as the facilitating product owner in Agile / SCRUM development process; write user stories, groom the backlog, and lead sprint planning.
- Manage each release through the launch process.
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the progress of the project.
- Assume responsibility and drive ownership for issue resolution.
- Be accountable for on time project delivery, quality, and cost.
- Exemplify servant leadership to the team and others in the organization.
- Facilitate conflict among team members and be an active participant in the growth of employees in the team
- The ability to clearly communicate both in verbal and written format
- Work directly with project stakeholders at various levels
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work independently and within a team of people
- Objectivity and evidence based reasoning
- Able to manage time and tasks effectively
- Flexible and able to maintain composure under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of internet and web based software applications
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
- Business/Technical Project Analysis
- Software Project/Program Management
- Software Development Methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Systems Development Lifecycle Processes
- Strategic Planning
- Problem Solving/Mediation
- Decision Making
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- B.S. Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Proven ability to work with both business and technical teams
- Experience working in teams developing enterprise level software applications and service oriented architecture
- 5+ years of Program Management or Technical Project Management experience in a technology oriented organization.
- 5+ years experience with software development and software development lifecycle processes
- Familiarity with Databases and Database technologies (SQL Server, mySQL, Oracle)
- Familiarity with Application Source Control and 3rd party software development tools
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Professional