- Job Title
- C++ Developer
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
Our History: From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are: Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The real-time market data team designs and develops systems that provide real-time market data and calculations for trading and risk systems throughout the enterprise. We are in need of a C++ engineer to add to our growing team. Looking for battle worn, war tested C++ developer of high volume low latency large scale reliable solutions, ideally with market data experience. The candidate will contribute to the maintenance, design, development and implementation of the team's strategic plans to meet the firm's market data requirements. Responsibilities include: troubleshooting issues raised from production, supporting reoccurring feed changes from market centers, participating in the design and development of high-performance server software. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate and adopt existing technologies to improve the team's efficiency and platform capability. Our developers gather and analyze requirements, make architectural and design recommendations, code, document, and test their contributions in a high-energy, team- oriented environment. Software Developers are expected to contribute significantly to the formulation and design of the solution, not just the coding implementation. One must be able to solve problems through research and continuously look up new ways to enhance the software and the company.
- Uses a broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop solutions to problems and critical design issues.
- Work assignments are typically focused on critical products for the organization.
- Works independently and will likely supervise the work of lower level personnel or vendor architects.
- Extensive C++ Development Experience (5+ years)
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Experience implementing multi-threaded applications in a highly concurrent environment
- Experience in design and development of networked systems using IP multicast, TCP/IP, Shared memory
- Proven track record of Design/Architectural components for large scale, high load, and low latency software systems
- Experience working with Database Systems such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work well with others and contribute to a team environment
- Detail and results oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a multi-tasks environment
- Strong skills in deadline management and ability to work in a team environment
- Enjoys fast paced environments with a focus on rapid delivery BS or MS in Computer Science
Additional Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience working with market data or in financial services is desired
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP)
- Knowledge of common design patterns and pattern based development
- Experience working with Continuous Integration Systems (TeamCity, Octopus) passion, positive attitude, engagement and desire to take over challenging assignments as part of a team, making things WORK Ability to function across geographically diverse team
- The job requires focused visual concentration in deciphering data and other information from computer.