Regional Sales Director-- Southwestern US
- Job Title
- Regional Sales Director-- Southwestern US
- Job ID
Regional Sales Director - Southwestern US
***IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA OR ARIZONA, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY***
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Accountable for brand growth in various trade channels that include but are not limited to natural retailers & traditional supermarkets in assigned geographic base.
- Effectively expands a regional customer base while developing new customer relationships.
- Works with customers directly or through distributor & broker partners – while maintaining full responsibility for customer relationships/satisfaction.
- Drives the account planning process, recommends strategies & identifies trade promotion options.
- Coordinates cross functionally with Operations, Marketing & Finance to identify sustainable & profit driving scenarios.
- Communicates with sales members when responsibilities interconnect.
- Personally makes key sales calls & is resourceful with broker and distributor organizations.
- Delivers accurate input on a regular basis to Operations, Finance & Sales Planning.
- Upholds a database that tracks documentation that maintains customer satisfaction.
- Implements & recommends corrective tactical & strategic actions.
- Provides forecast input to the Finance & Operations Dept.
- Works with Marketing to coordinate presentations.
- Coordinates & participates in trade shows.
- Maintains good attendance & safe work practices.
- Safeguards confidential company information.
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- MUST live in Southern CA or Arizona
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in sales in a CPG environment.
- Experience in specialty/natural/organic channels is highly preferred.
- Travel as necessary, about 60%.
- Strong desire to succeed to a small, entrepreneurial environment.
- A valid Driver’s License & proof of insurance is required.
- Self-Motivated and able to work with a geographically dispersed team.
- Superior problem solving & analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 25 pounds.